CR 4.6 and VB 6.0
Author Message
 CR 4.6 and VB 6.0

Hi,

I'm working with Crystal Reports 4.6 and Visual Basic 6.0.
The problem I have is that when I click on a button to print my report (show
it in a new window, Report.PrintReport) in VB, the data isn't fresh.
To refresh the data of the report I have to open Crystal Reports and click
on "Refresh Report Data".
How can this be avoided by automation in VB 6.0-Code ? How can one refresh
the data of a Crystal Reports 4.6 report in Visual Basic 6.0 ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christoph A. Lamy

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:23:47 GMT
 CR 4.6 and VB 6.0
Open the report, and uncheck save data with report checkbox.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm working with Crystal Reports 4.6 and Visual Basic 6.0.
> The problem I have is that when I click on a button to print my report
(show
> it in a new window, Report.PrintReport) in VB, the data isn't fresh.
> To refresh the data of the report I have to open Crystal Reports and click
> on "Refresh Report Data".
> How can this be avoided by automation in VB 6.0-Code ? How can one refresh
> the data of a Crystal Reports 4.6 report in Visual Basic 6.0 ?

> Thanks a lot in advance.

> Christoph A. Lamy

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:37:33 GMT
 CR 4.6 and VB 6.0

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm working with Crystal Reports 4.6 and Visual Basic 6.0.
> The problem I have is that when I click on a button to print my report (show
> it in a new window, Report.PrintReport) in VB, the data isn't fresh.
> To refresh the data of the report I have to open Crystal Reports and click
> on "Refresh Report Data".
> How can this be avoided by automation in VB 6.0-Code ? How can one refresh
> the data of a Crystal Reports 4.6 report in Visual Basic 6.0 ?

Have you tried unchecking the "Save data with report" in CR (File menu)?

-Marius

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:41:48 GMT
 CR 4.6 and VB 6.0
Yes, I tried it and unfortunately when I want to print (Report.PrintReport)
the report afterwards, it doesen't appear.
What's the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Christoph A. Lamy

Quote:
> > Hi,

> > I'm working with Crystal Reports 4.6 and Visual Basic 6.0.
> > The problem I have is that when I click on a button to print my report
(show
> > it in a new window, Report.PrintReport) in VB, the data isn't fresh.
> > To refresh the data of the report I have to open Crystal Reports and
click
> > on "Refresh Report Data".
> > How can this be avoided by automation in VB 6.0-Code ? How can one
refresh
> > the data of a Crystal Reports 4.6 report in Visual Basic 6.0 ?

> Have you tried unchecking the "Save data with report" in CR (File menu)?

> -Marius

Sun, 01 May 2005 00:36:41 GMT

1. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

2. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

3. Problem in Selection formula, CR 4.6, VB 6.0

4. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

5. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

6. CR 4.6 vs. 6.0

7. VB5 How to replace CR 4.6 to 6.0

8. Using the CR 4.6 that comes with VB 5

9. VB & CR 4.6 Stored Procedure Parameters

10. CR8 upgrade to VB 6 CR 4.6 ?

11. Does CR 4.6 actually work with VB 6 ?

12. PROBLEM WITH VB 6 AND CR 4.6