image from file
Author Message
 image from file
I can insert an image in my designer using Insert | Picture.  Is there a way
to dynamically change the file location of this image?  Ideally I would like
to read a file path from the database and then retreive that image when
executing the report.  I'm using CR Ver 6 & 7.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 image from file

Hi Torrie, if you use the RDC object model you can use an OLEObject field in
your report and set it at runtime using its FormattedPicture property.  Just
set it to the result of VB's LoadPicture function.

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems

Quote:
> I can insert an image in my designer using Insert | Picture.  Is there a
way
> to dynamically change the file location of this image?  Ideally I would
like
> to read a file path from the database and then retreive that image when
> executing the report.  I'm using CR Ver 6 & 7.

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 image from file

Quote:
> I can insert an image in my designer using Insert | Picture.  Is there a
way
> to dynamically change the file location of this image?  Ideally I would
like
> to read a file path from the database and then retreive that image when
> executing the report.  I'm using CR Ver 6 & 7.

I'm having the same problem. I'm searching for good solution since last
month.
A possible way is to prepare a temporary table with OLE fields where you
have to load your pictures.
But OLE field takes lot of kbytes (sometimes lots of Mbytes), much more than
the whole picture file and this can be a serious problem during the
printing.

The other solution, is to print one record for time, but i don't want to
consider this solution.

If you find another solution please contact me.

--
Starman

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 image from file

Quote:

> > I can insert an image in my designer using Insert | Picture.  Is there a
> way
> > to dynamically change the file location of this image?  Ideally I would
> like
> > to read a file path from the database and then retreive that image when
> > executing the report.  I'm using CR Ver 6 & 7.

We have to use CR Ver 8!!!!
In this new version it is possible to inserti hyperlink to file (such as
pictures).

--
Starman

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 image from file
CR 8 supports hyperlinks - especially when the rpt is run through their web
component server and displayed in a browser.  Whatever the link points to is
not CR's concern - a file, a document, whatever - all that is handled by the
browser.

--
Dan McGarry
HCI Systems, Inc.

Quote:

> > > I can insert an image in my designer using Insert | Picture.  Is there
> > way
> > > to dynamically change the file location of this image?  Ideally I
would
> > like
> > > to read a file path from the database and then retreive that image
when
> > > executing the report.  I'm using CR Ver 6 & 7.

> We have to use CR Ver 8!!!!
> In this new version it is possible to inserti hyperlink to file (such as
> pictures).

> --
> Starman

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tamper-proof way of storing files external to exe (images, configuration files etc)

2. Image path file name

3. Saving OLE images to file

4. Emailing images using Files and Folder Tasks

5. Extracting images to file from Word using VB automation

6. Load image from file in my ASP to display to the browser

7. How to draw .bmp image into file (not screen memory)

8. VB & Access DB image (bmp) files

9. Writing BLOBs/Images to file

10. Writing BLOBs/Images to file

11. picturebox image to file w/o SavePicture?

12. Adding images through file, open?