Need Help with Parameters
Author Message
 Need Help with Parameters

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to use parameters to select records on a
"drill down" basis. What I mean is this:

I have multiple customers. These customers has multiple invoices. I would
like it so that the report asks "what is the name of the customer?". It then
asks "from that customer you just selected, what invoice would you like to
see?"

I am at a loss as to how to do this. I'm just a newbie at Crystal Reports.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

Brian Chapple

MS SQL 7.0 and Crystal 8

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 05:46:17 GMT
 Need Help with Parameters
The Pick lists inside CR are frozen at the design time.  Sure, the designer
can load more values into the pick list for the parameter, but once it's
given to a user the list stays the same.

I think i can see what you trying to do.  You have a pile of customers, and
they each have a selection of invoice numbers.  So select a customer (by
Name, ID whatever) and then choose from THEIR invoices which one to print.

Not an unreasonable request one would think.

A purely CR solution won't deliver what you want.

But a combination or ASP/Vb and CR will.
In a VB app or a ASP page, display and let use select from a list of
customers.
Then Select from the DB and build a list of invocies for that Customer.
Pass the Invoice number only to a parameter in the Invoice report.

The Report only need Invoice as a parameter as each invoice only has one
customer, a customer paramater is unneccessary.

I hope this solution is satisfactory.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I was wondering if there was a way to use parameters to select records on
> "drill down" basis. What I mean is this:

> I have multiple customers. These customers has multiple invoices. I would
> like it so that the report asks "what is the name of the customer?". It
then
> asks "from that customer you just selected, what invoice would you like to
> see?"

> I am at a loss as to how to do this. I'm just a newbie at Crystal Reports.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Cheers!

> Brian Chapple

> MS SQL 7.0 and Crystal 8

Mon, 03 May 2004 16:11:03 GMT

1. Need help on parameters

2. Need help on parameters

3. need help with parameters

4. I need help with parameters!!!

5. Need help setting parameter value

6. Need Help Resolving Parameter Issue

7. Need Help passing Parameters to SQL query in a VB dataenviroment

8. Help needed: Setting parameters in parameter queries

9. Help needed: Setting parameters in parameter queries

10. homework help needed: passing a recordset as a parameter

11. Greenhorn needs Help On Recordset Parameter Query

12. Parameter help needed!