Please help a newbie produce a report!
Author Message
 Please help a newbie produce a report!

Nat,
Basing the report of a query sounds like the best approach, however even
though you are aware of the problem of saving the data with the report it
appears you are still having that problem. Here are a couple of thoughts.
In CR look under file -> options -> Reporting (tab) and see that Refresh
data on every print is checked and that Save data with closed report is
NOT checked.
If you run the report from CR, does it behave as intended, does the problem
with the data on the report not reflecting current data only happen in your
application (VB?)
What is your environment, OS, development tool, CR ver (any applied patches)
Have you looked at Seagates web site?
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Steven Hansen

Quote:
> I hope someone can help!

> I've just got into Crystal Reports 4.6 and I'm trying to produce a report
> from an access97 database.

> I have a list of company details in one access table, and a subset list of
> the ones I want to print reports on in another.

> The first thing I tried was creating a query in access which worked in
that
> it produced a subset of the companies that I wanted. I made a CR report
that
> reports on the access query that produces the subset and it works! -
> however, it only ever prints the companies that were in the report when I
> DESIGNED the report and doesn't update when I change the companies in the
> subset.

> I've tried setting the report so that it update the data source on every
> print and doesn't save the records with the report but this doesn't cure
the
> problem. I also looked for a runtime method on the VB crystal report
object
> that would update the report, but couldn't find one.

> Any help on any of the above would be most appreciated - thanks

> Nat

> --
> Nathaniel Wilson
> London
> England

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

So I thought - maybe you're not supposed to base a CR report on an access
query and instead I imported both the company details table and the subset
of companys that I want to print into CR. I used the visual linker to link
the company names in the table listing  those I want to print to the company
names in the details table - but unlike in access, I can't modify the join
to say 'only show reports where the field appears the same in each table.
When I run the report - it just gives me all the companies in the main
detail list - and not a subset!!!

Am I going about this the right way?

If I am - why am I finding it so hard to do what should be a simple thing?

Any help on any of the above would be most appreciated - thanks

Nat

--
Nathaniel Wilson
London
England

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

2. Please Help Newbie Crystal Report / VB help needed.

3. Newbie problems using Crystal reports with Oracle - please help

4. Please Help - Outlook Automation - SaveAs produces empty body

5. PLEASE HELP PRODUCE CHART USING VB5

6. Adding tables to Report in Crystal Reports 6 produces unexpected results

7. Please Please help !!! Crystal Report Help Needed

8. Please Help...Crystal Reports..Please Help

9. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

10. Newbie - database connection not producing writeable recordset

11. Newbie - Crystal Report Problem - Please Hlep

12. Newbie needing help badly!! Please help