Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC
Author Message
 Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

When creating your ODBC datasource to this MS Access database, did you set
up a default database? Go through these simple steps:

Control Panel - ODBC 32bit
Press Add for at the User DSN tab.
Select the MS ACCESS driver. Hit Finish.
Enter your Datasource Name.
Hit Select - Browse and select your *.mdb file. (Default database)
Bam... you're done.

Basically, it sounds like you weren't pointing to a default database. If you
don't select one, Crystal will return that error.

Quote:

>I'm trying to execute a Crystal Report from VB that will eventually be
>querying against a SQL Server database, but I need to prototype with an
>Access 97 database.

>I set up the report to go against the Access database file using ODBC, but
>whenever I try to print the report the ActiveX Control gives me an error
>20535 - " Unable To Connect:Incorrect Session Parameters.  You have
>attempted to log on using incomplete or incorrect session parameters."

>Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to put something in the
>'connect' property of the control, and if so, what?

>thanks - jeff

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

I'm trying to execute a Crystal Report from VB that will eventually be
querying against a SQL Server database, but I need to prototype with an
Access 97 database.

I set up the report to go against the Access database file using ODBC, but
whenever I try to print the report the ActiveX Control gives me an error
20535 - " Unable To Connect:Incorrect Session Parameters.  You have
attempted to log on using incomplete or incorrect session parameters."

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to put something in the
'connect' property of the control, and if so, what?

thanks - jeff

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

It worked like a charm, how could I have overlooked that!

thanks -  jeff

Quote:

>When creating your ODBC datasource to this MS Access database, did you set
>up a default database? Go through these simple steps:

>Control Panel - ODBC 32bit
>Press Add for at the User DSN tab.
>Select the MS ACCESS driver. Hit Finish.
>Enter your Datasource Name.
>Hit Select - Browse and select your *.mdb file. (Default database)
>Bam... you're done.

>Basically, it sounds like you weren't pointing to a default database. If
you
>don't select one, Crystal will return that error.

>>I'm trying to execute a Crystal Report from VB that will eventually be
>>querying against a SQL Server database, but I need to prototype with an
>>Access 97 database.

>>I set up the report to go against the Access database file using ODBC, but
>>whenever I try to print the report the ActiveX Control gives me an error
>>20535 - " Unable To Connect:Incorrect Session Parameters.  You have
>>attempted to log on using incomplete or incorrect session parameters."

>>Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to put something in the
>>'connect' property of the control, and if so, what?

>>thanks - jeff

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting a VB.Net to a database via ODBC

2. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

3. Connect to Gupta database via ODBC using VB

4. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

5. Connect with MSaccess via datacontrol

6. how to connect to MSAccess database??

7. ODBC Connection to an MSAccess Database

8. ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

9. Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time

10. DAO - Connect to SQL Server via ODBC

11. Anybody have info on connecting VB4 to Oracle via 16-bit ODBC

12. Connecting VB5 via ODBC to Informix