SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
Author Message
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"

I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in SCR8
Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no more than
about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
application and call the report and it works fine from the development
machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I get
an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly leaving off
the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in, the
error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to work
again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

James E

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
Hi !
Did you redistribute all the runtime Dlls.
You can get all the Dlls name in the Runtime.hlp help file.
Sofiane.

Quote:
> I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in SCR8
> Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no more
than
> about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
> application and call the report and it works fine from the development
> machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I get
> an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly leaving
off
> the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in, the
> error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to work
> again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
> Has anyone else had this problem?

> Cheers

> James E

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
Sofiane,
I've checked the client machine and all the relevant dll's have been
installed and registered. This makes it all the more confusing!

James

Quote:
> Hi !
> Did you redistribute all the runtime Dlls.
> You can get all the Dlls name in the Runtime.hlp help file.
> Sofiane.

> > I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in
SCR8
> > Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no more
> than
> > about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
> > application and call the report and it works fine from the development
> > machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I
get
> > an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly leaving
> off
> > the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in, the
> > error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to work
> > again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
> > Has anyone else had this problem?

> > Cheers

> > James E

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
We weren't getting this error, but we had a similar problem recently where a
report with a graph on it just wouldn't display--my code may have just
suppress the error message.  We identified two additional DLL's that had to
be installed for the graphing to work on client machines:

We needed to install:

 SSCSDK32.DLL into C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
 U25DTS.DLL into C:\WINNT\CRYSTAL

Make sure you are installing these two files.  Note: we are still using CR7,
so there is no guarantee (though it is pretty likely) that you'll need the
same files for CR8.

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Little, Senior Programmer/Analyst
SVi Retail Systems

Quote:
> Sofiane,
> I've checked the client machine and all the relevant dll's have been
> installed and registered. This makes it all the more confusing!

> James

> > Hi !
> > Did you redistribute all the runtime Dlls.
> > You can get all the Dlls name in the Runtime.hlp help file.
> > Sofiane.

> > > I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in
> SCR8
> > > Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no
more
> > than
> > > about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
> > > application and call the report and it works fine from the development
> > > machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I
> get
> > > an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly
leaving
> > off
> > > the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in,
the
> > > error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to
work
> > > again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
> > > Has anyone else had this problem?

> > > Cheers

> > > James E

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
Hi!
No idea about this.You can check for the error message in the seagate
Knowledge base. Perhaps you will find something.
Sofiane.

Quote:
> Sofiane,
> I've checked the client machine and all the relevant dll's have been
> installed and registered. This makes it all the more confusing!

> James

> > Hi !
> > Did you redistribute all the runtime Dlls.
> > You can get all the Dlls name in the Runtime.hlp help file.
> > Sofiane.

> > > I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in
> SCR8
> > > Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no
more
> > than
> > > about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
> > > application and call the report and it works fine from the development
> > > machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I
> get
> > > an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly
leaving
> > off
> > > the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in,
the
> > > error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to
work
> > > again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
> > > Has anyone else had this problem?

> > > Cheers

> > > James E

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SCR8 - Graphs - "Invalid TLV Record"
Thank you all for taking the time to answer, and yes you were both correct,
I had (despite being sure I hadn't), missed out a DLL. In SCR8.0 the DLL's
required for Charts/Graphs are the SSCSDK80.DLL and PG32CONV.DLL
My setup program had included the SSCSDK80.DLL but not PG32CONV.DLL. The
problem here is that Seagates Knowledgebase only real reference to the Error
Message "Invalid TLV record" is that the Report is corrupt. I installed the
DLL on the client machine and the report worked. I've e-mailed Seagate and
asked them if they can put this on the knowledgebase otherwise there may be
a lot of people recreating their reports thinking they are corrupt!

Thanks Again

James E

Quote:
> Sofiane,
> I've checked the client machine and all the relevant dll's have been
> installed and registered. This makes it all the more confusing!

> James

> > Hi !
> > Did you redistribute all the runtime Dlls.
> > You can get all the Dlls name in the Runtime.hlp help file.
> > Sofiane.

> > > I've got a VB6.0 application which calls a simple report (created in
> SCR8
> > > Developer Edition), which is based on a table with 8 fields and no
more
> > than
> > > about 20 records. There is a Graph in the report footer. I run the
> > > application and call the report and it works fine from the development
> > > machine, but from any other machine where the software is installed, I
> get
> > > an "Invalid TLV record" message. I recreated the report exactly
leaving
> > off
> > > the graph and it worked fine. As soon as I added the graph back in,
the
> > > error message reappears. Again I removed the graph and it began to
work
> > > again - proving that the report is not corrupt in any way.
> > > Has anyone else had this problem?

> > > Cheers

> > > James E

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Invalid TVL Record" err msg

2. Invalid TLV Record

3. Invalid TLV Record

4. Invalid TLV record

5. -2147206429 (80043ae3) Invalid TLV Record

6. Error: Invalid TLV record

7. Invalid TLV Record in CRViewer

8. Invalid TLV record error

9. CRAXDRT.DLL and Invalid TLV Record

10. Invalid TLV Record in Report Designer Component?

11. Invalid TLV Record

12. Invalid TLV Record - Crystal 7 (Delphi 4)