Disabled print button in preview of .rpt file called using print engine
Author Message
 Disabled print button in preview of .rpt file called using print engine

Hi,

I'm working with a VB6 app that uses the print engine to populate and
print/preview/export .rpt files.

Is there a place in the CR Report Designer where you can
enable/disable the print button displayed when an .rpt file is
previewed (using PEOutputToWindow)?

In this case, a version of the .rpt file created in CR7 some months
ago previews as expected (with back/next, print, and export buttons
enabled).

A more recent version of the same CR7 file previews with the print
button DISABLED even when there are records.

"Suppress printing if no records" is not enabled in either the Options
or Report Options.

Even manually setting PEShowPrintControls to true for the print job
doesn't enable the Print button.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anne

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 04:59:38 GMT
 Disabled print button in preview of .rpt file called using print engine
Just a thought,

Check to see if any printers are installed on the computer where you are
getting this behaviour. Some times, crystal is little smart, that if no
printers are installed, then it will disable the print button on the preview
window.

--SriT

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm working with a VB6 app that uses the print engine to populate and
> print/preview/export .rpt files.

> Is there a place in the CR Report Designer where you can
> enable/disable the print button displayed when an .rpt file is
> previewed (using PEOutputToWindow)?

> In this case, a version of the .rpt file created in CR7 some months
> ago previews as expected (with back/next, print, and export buttons
> enabled).

> A more recent version of the same CR7 file previews with the print
> button DISABLED even when there are records.

> "Suppress printing if no records" is not enabled in either the Options
> or Report Options.

> Even manually setting PEShowPrintControls to true for the print job
> doesn't enable the Print button.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Anne

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:00:05 GMT
 Disabled print button in preview of .rpt file called using print engine

Quote:

> Just a thought,

> Check to see if any printers are installed on the computer where you are
> getting this behaviour. Some times, crystal is little smart, that if no
> printers are installed, then it will disable the print button on the preview
> window.

> --SriT

> > Hi,

> > I'm working with a VB6 app that uses the print engine to populate and
> > print/preview/export .rpt files.

> > Is there a place in the CR Report Designer where you can
> > enable/disable the print button displayed when an .rpt file is
> > previewed (using PEOutputToWindow)?

> > In this case, a version of the .rpt file created in CR7 some months
> > ago previews as expected (with back/next, print, and export buttons
> > enabled).

> > A more recent version of the same CR7 file previews with the print
> > button DISABLED even when there are records.

> > "Suppress printing if no records" is not enabled in either the Options
> > or Report Options.

> > Even manually setting PEShowPrintControls to true for the print job
> > doesn't enable the Print button.

> > Any suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Anne

Check the computer where you last saved the rpt file.  If no printers
are defined on it, Crystal may have automatically disabled printing -
even if the client that finally runs the report has printers.  You can
manually re-enable the printing even if Crystal has automatically
disabled it - but you will need to watch it each time you
re-open/re-save the rpt.  I have this problem constantly as I develop
on a laptop with no printers defined.

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:11:05 GMT

1. disable print to file in print preview using Crystal Reports 4.6

2. disable print to file from print preview

3. Crystal Reports Print Preview -- Disabling buttons

4. Crystal reports print preview...disabling buttons

5. Crystal reports print preview...disabling buttons

6. Print Preview Print Button

7. Printing and using the Print Preview Control?

8. Q: Printing to screen using multi fonts (ie, print preview)

9. Printing Access reports or using Access to print/preview reports

10. Using the Crystal Reports Print Engine as a dll call

11. Help: Using the Print Engine to print to a parent window

12. Print Icon disabled in screen rpt?