Calling Report from Web browser
Author Message
 Calling Report from Web browser

Hi,

I have created a report with Oracle 8i as database.The DSN is configured
using CRORACLE8 driver. The Report runs well on Crystal Designer.
However if the same report is called from a browser as a URL, then the
database logon dialog box is looping even though I have provided correct
database logon id and password. The only way to end this looping
logon is to cancel the dialog. The Report is not getting generated, but
a blank crystal java viewer will appear. any help regarding this is
highly appreciated.

Environment:Crystal Reports 8.0, Personel Web Server on Windows NT
workstation, Database is Oracle 8i.

addl. Info:

URL that I am using: http://localhost:/oracle_test_report.rpt
DSN name: Parts_search (system data source)
Logon dialog has empty database name, how ever for the server name it is
showing the configured DSN name and waiting for user to enter user-id
and password.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:02:11 GMT
 Calling Report from Web browser
Upendra,

  Hi. I'd suggested you to go to the www.seagatesoftware.com and check
their support option. There you gonna find the "Knowledge Base" link.
There are lot of information about your crystal report problem.

Take care,
Luis.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have created a report with Oracle 8i as database.The DSN is
configured
> using CRORACLE8 driver. The Report runs well on Crystal Designer.
> However if the same report is called from a browser as a URL, then the
> database logon dialog box is looping even though I have provided
correct
> database logon id and password. The only way to end this looping
> logon is to cancel the dialog. The Report is not getting generated,
but
> a blank crystal java viewer will appear. any help regarding this is
> highly appreciated.

> Environment:Crystal Reports 8.0, Personel Web Server on Windows NT
> workstation, Database is Oracle 8i.

> addl. Info:

> URL that I am using: http://localhost:/oracle_test_report.rpt
> DSN name: Parts_search (system data source)
> Logon dialog has empty database name, how ever for the server name it
is
> showing the configured DSN name and waiting for user to enter user-id
> and password.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

2. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

3. Creating RCAPI calls from Crystal Reports and viewing the report using a web application in .net

4. link to the web (call browser)

5. Calling Web Browser

6. Calling the default web browser in Excel

7. Need to call Print Preview GUI in IE from Web Browser control

8. Call VB routine from HTML in web Browser control

9. Web Browser (Shdocvw.dll) - Calling from IE4 vbscript

10. Calling Web browsers from VB4

11. Calling web browser

12. Calling the user's default Web browser in VB5