Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)
Author Message
 Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

Hello,
We have an Application written in VB that uses MS Access as a database
and generates several reports using Crystal Reports 6.  However, on
some installations (very few), when a user tries to print a report,
they cannot even preview the report and get the message "Can Not Find
SQL Server".  I'm not even using SQL server.  After that we get error
number 20599.  Has anyone experienced this??  I would appreciate any
suggestsions.  Keep in mind that this application runs fine on most
installations--NT, 98, and 2000.

TIA,

Brandon

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:04:54 GMT
 Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)
Hi Brandon,

The message is very miss leading.  The message should read "Cannot find
SQL Type Database".  In this case, I'll bet you are using ODBC to
connect to your Access database instead of DAO.  If the report cannot
connect to an ODBC datasource properly you will get this message and
error 20599.

On the machines that are having the problem, make sure the ODBC
datasource is correct.  If there is security on the database, make sure
the datasource is setup to logon with a valid UserID and Password.

If all of this works then make sure P2SODBC.DLL is being properly loaded
and is the correct version.

Hi Jay,

msvcp60.dll does not need to be registered at all.  To see if the
problem is the P2SMon.DLL, Visual Studio comes a nifty tool called
Depends.  You should be able to find it under the Microsoft Visual
Studio 6 Tools program group in the Start button.
Run Depends and open P2SMON.DLL.  If one of it's components are missing,
Depends will tell you.  Depends is a single EXE you can copy onto your
problem machine and run.
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

>Hello,
>We have an Application written in VB that uses MS Access as a database
>and generates several reports using Crystal Reports 6.  However, on
>some installations (very few), when a user tries to print a report,
>they cannot even preview the report and get the message "Can Not Find
>SQL Server".  I'm not even using SQL server.  After that we get error
>number 20599.  Has anyone experienced this??  I would appreciate any
>suggestsions.  Keep in mind that this application runs fine on most
>installations--NT, 98, and 2000.

>TIA,

>Brandon

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:51:10 GMT

1. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

2. Specified SQL server not found.

3. DHTML/SQL Server app works fine internally, not on web server

4. SQL-Server not found

5. Another Physical DB not found (but with SQL server)

6. SQL Server Not Found

7. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

8. Can not find SQL Server

9. SQL Server not found

10. Monitor on Server with MS SQL Server Does Not Respond

11. Crystal can not find the SQL server

12. Error:SQL server not Found?