URGENT: Crystal report cannot find SQL Server
Author Message
 URGENT: Crystal report cannot find SQL Server

Hi

I have desiged a Crystal Reports whose database location are tables
from an ODBC data source to SQL Server 6.5.
When designing the report within Crystal Reports Designer, the report
connects to the database and displays the data in preview mode just
fine.  Also, my data source successfully connects to the database on
its own (from ODBC Administrator).
However, when I use a Crystal Report control in Visual Basic and try to
view the report at run-time, an empty report window starts to display
before I receive the message:

--------------------------
'Run-time error 20599
cannot find SQL Server'
--------------------------

My VB code is as follows:

With CrystalReport1
   .ReportFileName = "I:\Reports\report1.rpt"
   .Connect = "dsn=TVS_test;uid=TVS_user;password=password"
   .Action = 1
End With

Thank you in advance for any help or hints towards solving this problem.

sincerely,
Rouel Pagtalunan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports "Cannot Find Report."

2. Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

3. Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

4. Running Crystal Report Web Component Server and SQL Server on different machines

5. Cannot find Add Crystal Reports 8 in the Project menu

6. Crystal Web Reports Server 7 string parameters arent being passed to SQL Server StoredProc

7. SQL Server report with Crystal Reports and VB5.0

8. Cannot find SQL Server (error 20599)

9. 20599 - Cannot Find Sql Server

10. Error 20599 Cannot find SQL server

11. cannot find SQL server