Urgent: PageBreak Problem
Author Message
 Urgent: PageBreak Problem

I have developed a report to print all the students in classes,
grouped on className

The ReportFooter section we have the grandTotals and etc in a single
line.

My problem is, this section alone goes to the next page on some
occasions (It depends on the number of detail lines).

Is there any way to force this section to be with the previous section
or send a group of the details and ReportFooter to the next new page?

TIA

OBL

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:41:48 GMT
 Urgent: PageBreak Problem
Hi,

Someone may prove me wrong, but I don't see how this could be done.  There
would have to be some sort of internal test run to see how the records fit
the page, with some feedback so that changes could be made.  Some features
are quite well hidden, but I have never seen this one - at least not on
CR7.

If your one-liner looks silly all by itself on a page, you could always
embellish the report footer, perhaps repeating some information that is in
the report title, so that it looks OK even if it does appear by itself on
a page.  You could even go so far as to force it to always be on a
separate page.

You might provide two or three versions of your report with slightly
different spacings.   A preview would show which one to use.

You could also consider including the grand totals in the report header
instead of in the footer.  This way they certainly wouldn't be alone on a
page, and you wouldn't have to flip to the back page to see "the bottom
line".  Of course, you may end up with only one student on the last page,
which may bother you just as much.

Good luck!

John...........

Quote:

> I have developed a report to print all the students in classes,
> grouped on className

> The ReportFooter section we have the grandTotals and etc in a single
> line.

> My problem is, this section alone goes to the next page on some
> occasions (It depends on the number of detail lines).

> Is there any way to force this section to be with the previous section
> or send a group of the details and ReportFooter to the next new page?

> TIA

> OBL

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:09:53 GMT
 Urgent: PageBreak Problem
When you create the group, or if it's already there, use "Change group" and
make sure you've selected "Keep Group Together"

Quote:
> I have developed a report to print all the students in classes,
> grouped on className

> The ReportFooter section we have the grandTotals and etc in a single
> line.

> My problem is, this section alone goes to the next page on some
> occasions (It depends on the number of detail lines).

> Is there any way to force this section to be with the previous section
> or send a group of the details and ReportFooter to the next new page?

> TIA

> OBL

Mon, 03 May 2004 15:13:45 GMT

1. Pagebreak problem

2. REMPLIR UN CONTROL FEUILLE EXCEL DANS UN FORMULAIRE URGENT URGENT URGENT

3. Control feuille Excel dans un Formulaire URGENT URGENT URGENT

4. Urgent urgent urgent !!!

5. Problems problems (URGENT)

6. Howto insert a pagebreak with VBA?

7. Excel and Automation - Sheet Pagebreaks

8. Insert PageBreak Ahead of Bitmap ?

9. find and replace text with pagebreaks or linebreaks

10. Detecting pagebreak

11. Help - Pagebreak Code

12. Aktion for a pagebreak