Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 4.5 to Seagate Crystal Info 6.0 API

I have a Visual Basic application written in 1997
by a consultant using Crystal Reports 4.5 APIs
which launches Crystal and produces a mail merge
file in the background.  Everything was working
fine and we never bothered to upgrade since the
application is rather complicated.  Now our one
and only user has (1) obtained a new workstation
and (2) loaded Seagate Info 6.0 for another
purpose.  Our application no longer works.

I have very little knowledge of Crystal.  I'm
trying to understand the following:
(1)  Is it even possible to make my application
run under Seagate Info 6.0?  If so, what sort of
changes would have to be made?  Are there changes
to the API's?  (Does Seagate Info even recognize
an rpt extension file?)
(2)  If it won't run under Seagate Info 6.0, then
could it possibly run and use Crystal Reports 4.5
on a workstation which also has Seagate Info 6.0
loaded?  I've heard it's possible to load both on
a machine, but I'm wondering how the API's would
react to this.

This application is targeted as being end of
life, so we want to minimize time and effort in
solving this problem.

Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

2. Crystal Reports 4.5 Info

3. problems with seagate crystal report 6.0(crviewer.dll) and vb5

4. Clear Seagate Info (Crystal Reports) cache?

5. Seagate Info vs Crystal Reports

6. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

7. FS: Crystal Reports Pro 4.5, Standard 4.5

8. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

9. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

10. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

11. Cross-tab reports in Seagate Crystal Reports

12. crystal 4.5 to crystal 8