Sorting in Vb.net crystal reports dataset
Author Message
 Sorting in Vb.net crystal reports dataset

Hi,

I have a problem with VB.Net's Crystal Reports.  When using a dataset to
make a report, I group using say some ID (call it LocationID) but I don't
display the ID but instead show the String corresponding to the ID
(LocationName).  When running the report I create a dataset/datatable sorted
by LocationName and give it to the report to display.  The report sorts the
Dataset again using the group field (LocationID) and then displays it.  This
is really annoying since I can't change the sort order in the report.  Once
I create the groups, I am stuck with the sort order (same as the order of
groups).  Any one know a solution to this?

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:40:45 GMT

1. Passing Dataset to Crystal Report in VB.Net

2. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

3. Crystal Report based on ADO.Net dataset prompts for database login

4. Using DataSet In the Crystal report.NET

5. programmatically adding ADO dataset to crystal report in .NET

6. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

7. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

8. Sorting fiels in Crystal .NET by code VB .NET

9. Adding or Suppressing Top N Sort in Crystal.Net and VB.net

10. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

11. SetDataSource not working with Crystal Reports .NET in VB.NET

12. Error in temp file in running crystal report for .net in vb.net