HELP! Invisible Reports
Author Message
 HELP! Invisible Reports

I have a VB5\Access97 app which uses Crystal Reports. In the
development enironment the reports run fine

I used the setup wizard to create a setup program so I an distribute
the app.

It installs with no problems

When I try to run the report I get no error messages but nothing
happens. I've put Messages boxes either side of the PrintReport
statement which pop up on schedule but the report itself doesn't
appear.

Any ideas. The complete lack of error messages is a real pain when
diagnosing the cause of the problem

Steve

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Invisible Reports
Try doing
report.database.verify
before running the print or viewer
and let me know if it works. I have yet to distribute my report but i
have to do this on the development machine before it will run.
Peter Richards
Quote:

>When I try to run the report I get no error messages but nothing
>happens. I've put Messages boxes either side of the PrintReport
>statement which pop up on schedule but the report itself doesn't
>appear.

>Any ideas. The complete lack of error messages is a real pain when
>diagnosing the cause of the problem

>Steve

>Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Invisible Reports
Have a look at your printer setup dialog in Crystal - is the "no printer"
option selected? This makes a report "view only" so when you try to print it
nothing happens.

Richard

Quote:

>I have a VB5\Access97 app which uses Crystal Reports. In the
>development enironment the reports run fine

>I used the setup wizard to create a setup program so I an distribute
>the app.

>It installs with no problems

>When I try to run the report I get no error messages but nothing
>happens. I've put Messages boxes either side of the PrintReport
>statement which pop up on schedule but the report itself doesn't
>appear.

>Any ideas. The complete lack of error messages is a real pain when
>diagnosing the cause of the problem

>Steve

>Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! Invisible Reports

Quote:
>I have a VB5\Access97 app which uses Crystal Reports. In the
>development enironment the reports run fine

>I used the setup wizard to create a setup program so I an distribute
>the app.

>It installs with no problems

>When I try to run the report I get no error messages but nothing
>happens. I've put Messages boxes either side of the PrintReport
>statement which pop up on schedule but the report itself doesn't
>appear.

>Any ideas. The complete lack of error messages is a real pain when
>diagnosing the cause of the problem

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. Eventually I found I had the
locate database set to an absolute rather than relative path.

Steve

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Viewing Gifs, and there invisible bits as invisible...

2. How to make section of report invisible if...

3. How to make Label in report Invisible if data Null

4. CR 6 to CR8 upgrade - report becomes invisible?

5. Update CR6 to CR8, report becomes invisible??

6. Please help : Word acts strange when its object is set to invisible

7. HELP PLEASE!all the controls of my form are invisible

8. cant make panel invisible to add something else please help

9. Invisible Instantiation - Help Please

10. Help!!! Making cursor invisible

11. Need help to download file from thet via vb, INVISIBLE

12. Help: Invisible Data