OLE object in Image-datatype -> CR9
Author Message
 OLE object in Image-datatype -> CR9

I have this annoying problem:

I have serveral crystal-reports reports where I have to display a logo
(OLE-object) that is stored in an SQL-server database in a field of the
Image-datatype. The OLE-Object can either be a MS-Word doc, bitmap .bmp
file, JPEG image, Acrobat PDF, ....

I can't seem to find any way to store an object in this field in VB.net
(from a disk-file) as an OLE-object so that I can use it in Crystal Reports.

When I link the table through MS-access, I can insert an object by
right-clicking the column and selecting "Insert Object". In this way, I can
use it in crystal reports.

So, Does anyone know how to do the same thing (load a document from disk
into such a field) in VB.Net Code?

thanx,

Stijn Lambert, Belgium

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:18:52 GMT

1. Store file as OLE-object in image-datatype field

2. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

3. Linking or Embedding an OLE Object in an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

4. How to read images from MS access database having OLE as datatype to VB

5. Maximum Image size allowed for Image datatype.

6. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

7. CR9 -> Access: Logon failed Error Code 0x80040154

8. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

9. OLE OBJECT - > MSACCESS Report

10. Dynamic Images in VB.NET and CR9?

11. CR9: Image Sizes

12. VB Picture <-> Access OLE Object