Crystal Reports Sub-Reports and SQL SPs
Author Message
 Crystal Reports Sub-Reports and SQL SPs

Here is my issue:
I need to pass SQL 6.5 SP parameters to Crystal 6 sub reports using VB5.

Here are the details:
I have inherited a massive report in Crystal 6.0 that is made up of a main
(summary report) and 16 sub reports. The main and sub reports all look to a
SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedure. Due to speed issues, I need to add a
parameter to all 16 stored procedures (the main one has it already). Now, in
the VB 5 code, I have the mechanism in place to pass parameters to the main
report but for the life of me I cannot pass parameters to the
Crystal.CrystalReport object. The old method was to bring back massive
amounts of data for the sub reports and then filter based upon the main
report. The database is so huge that this is no longer an option.

Does anyone have ANY ideas that can help me? Example code would be greatly
appreciated....

At my wits end!

Kirk

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:39:25 GMT

1. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

2. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

3. Q: Pass a SQL query from VB to crystal report sub-report

4. vb5 Crystal Reports 6 and Subreports Can we conditionally call subreports from primary reports

5. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

6. Crystal Reports - Main/Sub Reports

7. Crystal Reports, sub-report question

8. sub-report (2 query's ) in crystal reports

9. Sharing Variables between Crystal Report and sub-report

10. Crystal not saving sub report data with report

11. Sub-reports in Crystal Reports 8

12. Crystal Reports & Sub-Reports