Using the Smart Viewers and the Web
Author Message
 Using the Smart Viewers and the Web

Hello,

I am fairly new to Crystal Reports and am trying to use the web
capabilities.  I have successfully created a report and have used ASP
to view the report in the Smart Viewer for ActiveX.  I thought all was
well until I realized I had saved the report with data.  I am running
up against a wall trying to connect with the "live" data in the MSSQL
database.

Any tips for the beginner?
Thank you.

Amanda

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the Smart Viewers and the Web
Amanda,

It may be worthwhile to check out ReCrystallize.  It can generate the ASP
code to run the report with live data.  Please feel free to send me a copy
of your code if you'd like me to take a look.

--
Michael
ReCrystallize Web Publishing Wizard for Seagate Crystal Reports

"Need to put your reports on the web by the end of the day?  Relax.
ReCrystallize."

Quote:

> Hello,

> I am fairly new to Crystal Reports and am trying to use the web
> capabilities.  I have successfully created a report and have used ASP
> to view the report in the Smart Viewer for ActiveX.  I thought all was
> well until I realized I had saved the report with data.  I am running
> up against a wall trying to connect with the "live" data in the MSSQL
> database.

> Any tips for the beginner?
> Thank you.

> Amanda

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the Smart Viewers and the Web
Set up a connection string to your server and database call it -
Session("CnString")
Set up a sql string to your tables in the database call it - SqlString

Adopt the following code in your ReportCall.asp page.

 Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 oConn.Open Session("CnString")

 set session("oRs") = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
 session("oRs").ActiveConnection = oConn
 session("oRs").Open SqlString

Quote:
> Amanda,

> It may be worthwhile to check out ReCrystallize.  It can generate the ASP
> code to run the report with live data.  Please feel free to send me a copy
> of your code if you'd like me to take a look.

> --
> Michael
> ReCrystallize Web Publishing Wizard for Seagate Crystal Reports
> http://recrystallize.com

> "Need to put your reports on the web by the end of the day?  Relax.
> ReCrystallize."

> > Hello,

> > I am fairly new to Crystal Reports and am trying to use the web
> > capabilities.  I have successfully created a report and have used ASP
> > to view the report in the Smart Viewer for ActiveX.  I thought all was
> > well until I realized I had saved the report with data.  I am running
> > up against a wall trying to connect with the "live" data in the MSSQL
> > database.

> > Any tips for the beginner?
> > Thank you.

> > Amanda

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 6 Smart Viewer Control (downloading from web)

2. blank report using web using Web Forms Viewer

3. Smart device application using VB.net and web services

4. Crystal Reports Smart Viewer

5. Crystal Report Smart Viewer

6. Opening a Web Page using default viewer...

7. crystal reports v6.0 - browser smart viewer error

8. Crystal Report ActiveX smart viewer for IE

9. Smart Viewer - Crystal Version 7 and VB6

10. ASP - Smart Viewer will not Print large reports

11. Printing ladscape report with Crystal 8 Smart Viewer on Windows 2000

12. Chaning the page size of Smart Viewer for ActiveX