Fix for slow report load
Author Message
 Fix for slow report load

I've been using CR for many years, since version 3 and I like it a lot, but
the one thing I really hate is its long load time (specially CR7).

I'm now using the Print Engine API calls hopping better performance, but I'm
not sure I'm having any gains.

Have anyone tested the performace of these three methods using external .rpt
reports:

1. Direct Print Engine Api calls
2. Smart viewer
3. Crystal.Ocx

I need to know wich one to use in my future applications.

Thanks.

Luis Vilaplana

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Fix for slow report load
Hi...
Why not using RDC Report Designer Component (need craxdrt.dll). This is the
one highly recommend by seagatesoftware people. With this, they said you can
have up to 10 times better performance in Crystl Report 8.

regards,
Jcwy

Quote:
>I've been using CR for many years, since version 3 and I like it a lot, but
>the one thing I really hate is its long load time (specially CR7).

>I'm now using the Print Engine API calls hopping better performance, but
I'm
>not sure I'm having any gains.

>Have anyone tested the performace of these three methods using external
.rpt
>reports:

>1. Direct Print Engine Api calls
>2. Smart viewer
>3. Crystal.Ocx

>I need to know wich one to use in my future applications.

>Thanks.

>Luis Vilaplana

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Fix for slow report load
Hi, Jcwy.  Thanks for your response.

I began using RDC but got an awfull "Invalid TLV" record when installing at
several client sites (using Access databases).  Seagate Support arguments
this was an Microsoft issue not theirs.

Anyway, I'm now using SQL7.  I'll take your advice and try again.

Thanks.

Quote:

> Hi...
> Why not using RDC Report Designer Component (need craxdrt.dll). This is
the
> one highly recommend by seagatesoftware people. With this, they said you
can
> have up to 10 times better performance in Crystl Report 8.

> regards,
> Jcwy

> >I've been using CR for many years, since version 3 and I like it a lot,
but
> >the one thing I really hate is its long load time (specially CR7).

> >I'm now using the Print Engine API calls hopping better performance, but
> I'm
> >not sure I'm having any gains.

> >Have anyone tested the performace of these three methods using external
> .rpt
> >reports:

> >1. Direct Print Engine Api calls
> >2. Smart viewer
> >3. Crystal.Ocx

> >I need to know wich one to use in my future applications.

> >Thanks.

> >Luis Vilaplana

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Treeview nodes clear slow ..The Fix!

2. Fixed-length strings are slow, especially long ones.

3. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

4. VB4 is slow..slow....slow

5. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

6. Text File (fixed-length) to load Table

7. Database Loads slow

8. Slow Outlook Custom Form Loading & Executing

9. App Loads to Slow

10. Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

11. Slow Load