599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server 
Author Message
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server

Help,

I'm using CR 8.5, and I keep getting the Error 599 (can not open SQL Server)
whenever we try to access the report via the API.

Our reports use Oracle 8i native drivers.

We would like to print the Crystal Report via the API calls from our
application.

And is there a way to embed user id / password / database connection in the
Crystal Report?

Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into the
Crystal Report?

Thank you very much!

D



Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:49:47 GMT  
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server

Quote:
> Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into the
> Crystal Report?

Yes, assuming you are using ODBC to connect, use SetLogonInfo method to pass
data source name, user id and password.


Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:33:16 GMT  
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server
But I'm not using ODBC.  I'm using Native drivers.

How is this done?

Thanks for the help :o)

D

Quote:
> > Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into the
> > Crystal Report?

> Yes, assuming you are using ODBC to connect, use SetLogonInfo method to
pass
> data source name, user id and password.



Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:38:58 GMT  
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server
Use LogOnServer method if you are using native driver.


Quote:
> But I'm not using ODBC.  I'm using Native drivers.

> How is this done?

> Thanks for the help :o)

> D


> > > Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into the
> > > Crystal Report?

> > Yes, assuming you are using ODBC to connect, use SetLogonInfo method to
> pass
> > data source name, user id and password.



Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:58:53 GMT  
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server
Where do I use the LogOnServer method?  In my App, or embedded in the
Crystal Report?

Can you give me an example?

Thanks again.

Quote:

> Use LogOnServer method if you are using native driver.



> > But I'm not using ODBC.  I'm using Native drivers.

> > How is this done?

> > Thanks for the help :o)

> > D


> > > > Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into the
> > > > Crystal Report?

> > > Yes, assuming you are using ODBC to connect, use SetLogonInfo method to
>  pass
> > > data source name, user id and password.



Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:33:08 GMT  
 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server
You can call LogOnServer method on either the application object, or the
database object. It's part of RDC. So you need to call it in your app.

For syntax, just look up the developer's help file.


Quote:
> Where do I use the LogOnServer method?  In my App, or embedded in the
> Crystal Report?

> Can you give me an example?

> Thanks again.




Quote:
> > Use LogOnServer method if you are using native driver.



> > > But I'm not using ODBC.  I'm using Native drivers.

> > > How is this done?

> > > Thanks for the help :o)

> > > D


> > > > > Or a way to pass the user id / password / database connection into
the
> > > > > Crystal Report?

> > > > Yes, assuming you are using ODBC to connect, use SetLogonInfo method
to
> >  pass
> > > > data source name, user id and password.



Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:36:30 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

2. Problems with SQL SERVER vs Oracle Crystal Reports!!!

3. VB, Crystal Reports & Oracle Problem

4. Crystal Reports & Cross Tabs - with Oracle database

5. Runtime Problems with VB, Crystal Reports & Oracle

6. Crystal Reports & Oracle Date Fields

7. Crystal Reports 7 & Oracle 8.0.5

8. Error 599

9. err 599 using CRPE calls

10. Err 599

11. error 599

12. Error 599!!

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software