Ques on Crystal Reports - Help PLz
Author Message
 Ques on Crystal Reports - Help PLz

hi all,

i hav a Crystal Report with 5 tables and 10 sub reports
and 2 to 4 tables in each sub report each table containing
a minimum of 3000 records ... it is taking too much time
for a report to generate ... can any one help me in
minimizing it!!

the way i am generating the report is .. v hav the actual
report in a static folder ...when the user calls the
report with his required selection formula the ..vr
appying the selection formula and exporting the report to
Dynamic folder from which user views the report ... all
this is done thru VB code only (dll function) ...

now my ques is ...Is there any better alternative to
generate the report ??

any help in this direction is very much appricieated...

thanX in advance
sudha

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:52:34 GMT
 Ques on Crystal Reports - Help PLz
Hi,

As far as tables and data are concerned i think it will
take time to fetch the data. But You have written that You
are moving report from static folder to the Dynamic. From
where client views the report based on the criteria.

Why don't you call the report directly from that folder.
instead of moving it to any other folder. You can use CR
control for that purpose and then use the reportFileName
propery to set the report filename and path.

I think that it may reduce the time for generating the
report.

Jawahir

Quote:

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:48:24 GMT
 Ques on Crystal Reports - Help PLz

Quote:
>Why don't you call the report directly from that folder.
>instead of moving it to any other folder. You can use CR
>control for that purpose and then use the reportFileName
>propery to set the report filename and path.

i cant call the report directly from static folder coz'
multiple users will be viewing the same report at same
time with different selection formula...
so any other idea plz??

thanX in advance
ksm

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:39:09 GMT

1. Help plz,plz,plz!!!

2. HELP PLZ,plz,plz!!

3. Problem Of crystal report :Plz reply ASAP

4. Plz help with Crystal 7

5. plz crystal repoet 8.5 cd-key --help me

6. Crystal Report Help Please or Tell me where to get Crystal Help

7. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

8. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

9. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

10. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

11. Help With Crystal Reports: Crashes Program After Showing Second Report

12. Help Help Help with Crystal report