ADO - changing Access db path in runtime VB6
Author Message
 ADO - changing Access db path in runtime VB6

I have created a lot of report files

using ADO Connection (OLEDB). For example, the connection string is :

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\MYAPP\COMPTA.MDB;Persist

Security Info=False

The recordset was selected via SQL statement.

I want to use these reports in a VB6 application which works on the same

Access database with an ADO connection.

I don't want to use RDC. I prefer to have my reports files outside the

application itself. Si have I more flexibility to adapt the reports.

I'm using the ActiveX Control version 8.0.0.4 to perform my reports. That

works until I want to change the location of my MDB file.

Example : D:\DATA\COMPTA.MDB instead of C:\MYAPP\COMPTA.MDB.

I have tried to pass my ADO connection to the .DataSource property and a

lot of different other solutions. Nothing works !

Could you explain me how to do that ?

Thanks.

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:15:03 GMT
 ADO - changing Access db path in runtime VB6
Not to sure but try useing the datafiles property in the active x control

Quote:
> I have created a lot of report files

> using ADO Connection (OLEDB). For example, the connection string is :

> Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\MYAPP\COMPTA.MDB;Persist

> Security Info=False

> The recordset was selected via SQL statement.

> I want to use these reports in a VB6 application which works on the same

> Access database with an ADO connection.

> I don't want to use RDC. I prefer to have my reports files outside the

> application itself. Si have I more flexibility to adapt the reports.

> I'm using the ActiveX Control version 8.0.0.4 to perform my reports. That

> works until I want to change the location of my MDB file.

> Example : D:\DATA\COMPTA.MDB instead of C:\MYAPP\COMPTA.MDB.

> I have tried to pass my ADO connection to the .DataSource property and a

> lot of different other solutions. Nothing works !

> Could you explain me how to do that ?

> Thanks.

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:38:29 GMT

1. Problem with ADO accessing Access DB in VB6

2. Problem with ADO accessing Access DB in VB6

3. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

4. Help VB6 / Access database, how to change index sort order in runtime

5. Changing the password on an Access DB from VB6

6. VB6, ADO, and writing to an Access 2000 db with user level security

7. Q:VB6 ADO and ACCESS 2000 db

8. VB6 (ADO) Front end to MS Access DB on Network Drive

9. Change Database Path at Runtime

10. changing database path at runtime

11. Changing a linked table path at runtime

12. Can't change the database path in runtime