Devide Details section right/left
Author Message
 Devide Details section right/left

Hello
I have a question about a report layout.
I need to build a report that has 3 text fields in each row but the row is
devided in the middle of the report.

Something like this.
txtNumber1   txtDate1   txtOption1                           txtNumber4
txtDate4  txtOption4
txtNumber2   txtDate2  txtOption2                            txtNumber5
txtDate5   txtOption5
txtNumber3   txtDate3   txtOption3                           txtNumber6
txtDate6   txtOption6

The report would fill from the left and then fill from the right or
something to that effect.

Rick

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:21:30 GMT
 Devide Details section right/left
Hi,
Try  "Format With Multiple Columns":
1. Right click "Detail Section" on your report
2. select "Section Expert"
3. Tick "Format With Mutiple Columns"
4. "Layout" Tab will show up
5. Click "Layout' Tab, then you will be OK.

Hope this helps.

Ming

Quote:
> Hello
> I have a question about a report layout.
> I need to build a report that has 3 text fields in each row but the row is
> devided in the middle of the report.

> Something like this.
> txtNumber1   txtDate1   txtOption1                           txtNumber4
> txtDate4  txtOption4
> txtNumber2   txtDate2  txtOption2                            txtNumber5
> txtDate5   txtOption5
> txtNumber3   txtDate3   txtOption3                           txtNumber6
> txtDate6   txtOption6

> The report would fill from the left and then fill from the right or
> something to that effect.

> Rick

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:43:58 GMT
 Devide Details section right/left
Go to format section of detail click Format with multiple columns

Quote:
> Hello
> I have a question about a report layout.
> I need to build a report that has 3 text fields in each row but the row is
> devided in the middle of the report.

> Something like this.
> txtNumber1   txtDate1   txtOption1                           txtNumber4
> txtDate4  txtOption4
> txtNumber2   txtDate2  txtOption2                            txtNumber5
> txtDate5   txtOption5
> txtNumber3   txtDate3   txtOption3                           txtNumber6
> txtDate6   txtOption6

> The report would fill from the left and then fill from the right or
> something to that effect.

> Rick

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:20:41 GMT
 Devide Details section right/left
Sorry it took so long to respond to the both of you.
I don't think this is what I need. This is kind of hard to explain I guess.
Presently my report fills from the top down with as many records that I have
in my database.
What I need is for the report to fill from the left down and then when the
row count gets to 10 it
continues to fill again on the right side. Lets say I have a field called
"Names". Looking at the report, I will have 10 names on the left and 10
names on the right and if I only had 18 names total, there would be 10 on
the left and only 8 on the right.
Does this make any sense?
Rick

Quote:
> Hi,
> Try  "Format With Multiple Columns":
> 1. Right click "Detail Section" on your report
> 2. select "Section Expert"
> 3. Tick "Format With Mutiple Columns"
> 4. "Layout" Tab will show up
> 5. Click "Layout' Tab, then you will be OK.

> Hope this helps.

> Ming

> > Hello
> > I have a question about a report layout.
> > I need to build a report that has 3 text fields in each row but the row
is
> > devided in the middle of the report.

> > Something like this.
> > txtNumber1   txtDate1   txtOption1                           txtNumber4
> > txtDate4  txtOption4
> > txtNumber2   txtDate2  txtOption2                            txtNumber5
> > txtDate5   txtOption5
> > txtNumber3   txtDate3   txtOption3                           txtNumber6
> > txtDate6   txtOption6

> > The report would fill from the left and then fill from the right or
> > something to that effect.

> > Rick

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:12:42 GMT
 Devide Details section right/left
Thanks everyone.
I guess I got hung up on the layout of the detail but I got it working.
Thanks again
Rick

Quote:
> Sorry it took so long to respond to the both of you.
> I don't think this is what I need. This is kind of hard to explain I
guess.
> Presently my report fills from the top down with as many records that I
have
> in my database.
> What I need is for the report to fill from the left down and then when the
> row count gets to 10 it
> continues to fill again on the right side. Lets say I have a field called
> "Names". Looking at the report, I will have 10 names on the left and 10
> names on the right and if I only had 18 names total, there would be 10 on
> the left and only 8 on the right.
> Does this make any sense?
> Rick

> > Hi,
> > Try  "Format With Multiple Columns":
> > 1. Right click "Detail Section" on your report
> > 2. select "Section Expert"
> > 3. Tick "Format With Mutiple Columns"
> > 4. "Layout" Tab will show up
> > 5. Click "Layout' Tab, then you will be OK.

> > Hope this helps.

> > Ming

> > > Hello
> > > I have a question about a report layout.
> > > I need to build a report that has 3 text fields in each row but the
row
> is
> > > devided in the middle of the report.

> > > Something like this.
> > > txtNumber1   txtDate1   txtOption1
txtNumber4
> > > txtDate4  txtOption4
> > > txtNumber2   txtDate2  txtOption2
txtNumber5
> > > txtDate5   txtOption5
> > > txtNumber3   txtDate3   txtOption3
txtNumber6
> > > txtDate6   txtOption6

> > > The report would fill from the left and then fill from the right or
> > > something to that effect.

> > > Rick

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:48:11 GMT

1. Master-Detail with 2 seperate detail sections per master record, CR.NET

2. Why is the detail section formatting twice?

3. shrink report detail section

4. Can grow problem in report detail section

5. Calculation in detail section of report

6. DataReport and printing fields in details section not from a database

7. Help: VB6 Data Report - Assign item counter in the details section

8. in report details section = results shown as unequal

9. Detail section in a report

10. Access 2K question : setting heigth of detail section

11. DataReport Detail Section

12. VB6:DataReport:Detail Section