Overflow error, error number 6, in VB6 using Crystal Reports 7
Author Message
 Overflow error, error number 6, in VB6 using Crystal Reports 7

Hello,

I am struggling with an overflow error in a 32 bit VB 6 program.

I have used the VB P&D Wizard to install it on a number of machines,
including my clean Win95 machine

So far it has occurred only on a Win2000 machine with a 450Mz Pentium III
machine, which of course happened to be our client's machine.

I have crawled through my code and I can't see any place where it could
happen. I am making a lot of API calls to the Crystal Report engine, and I
suspect that the problem is in one of them.

The only calculations I do is to get the screen size in order to scale the
report window, as shown below:

    ' Window size variables for the PEOutputToWindow function
    Dim nWindowLeft As Integer
    Dim nWindowtop As Integer
    Dim nWindowWidth As Integer
    Dim nWindowHeight As Integer
    ' Screen size variables
    Dim dScreenWidth As Single
    Dim dScreenHeight As Single

    If (Destination = "ToScreen") Then
        Load PreviewButtons
        ' Get screen size, in pixels
        dScreenWidth = (Screen.Width / Screen.TwipsPerPixelX)
        dScreenHeight = (Screen.height / Screen.TwipsPerPixelY)
        ' Set window top below buttons on the PreviewButtons form
        nWindowtop = 40
        nWindowWidth = CInt(dScreenWidth)
        ' Center window horizontally
        nWindowLeft = 0
        nWindowHeight = CInt(dScreenHeight) - 40
        If (PEOutputToWindow(nJobNumber, "Crystal Reports Preview" &
Chr$(0), _
                nWindowLeft, nWindowtop, nWindowWidth, nWindowHeight, _
                WS_VISIBLE, PreviewButtons.hwnd) = 0) Then
            ErrorTrap "PEOutputToWindow in PrintPreview", nJobNumber
            If errcrystal Then
                GoTo CrystalExiterr
            End If
        End If

I have discussed this with Seagate support, and they claim that they have
full error handling, and have no suggestions.

Any ideas?

Ragnar

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vb Crystal Reports Overflow error

2. Got error while viewing report using crystal report

3. Error in VB6 and Seagate Crystal Report 7

4. Win95, VB6 and Crystal Reports ERROR ?

5. VB6 and Crystal report : error 20599

6. Crystal Report Engine / VB6 W2K error?

7. Error when upgrading from vb5 to vb6 with Crystal Reports 6.0

8. SUBSCRIPT OUT OF RANGE Error When Running crystal report with unbound field objects in VB6

9. Stack Overflow: Crystal Reports in VB 3.0 using an ODBC connection

10. Crystal 5 and Multiple Images - Overflow 6 Error

11. Crystal Reports error when using .EXE

12. Error 6, Overflow while running VB6 Application