Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
Author Message
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI

When I run my VB6 application on Windows 2000 server and try to export
previewed report to disk file or application, the file is created, but is
blank with 0 KB lenght. This is the same with every format I tried: Word,
Excel (any version), TXT, ...
Only when I export report to MAPI destination, the export is successful.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks, Miran Zadravec

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:10:54 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
Assuming you are using CR 8.5, I think you will need to include some of the
u2*.dll files, depending on what export formats you need.  See the
runtime.hlp file that comes with CR 8.5, which gives a list of the dll files
and the respective export format.

HTH

Nelson

Quote:
> When I run my VB6 application on Windows 2000 server and try to export
> previewed report to disk file or application, the file is created, but is
> blank with 0 KB lenght. This is the same with every format I tried: Word,
> Excel (any version), TXT, ...
> Only when I export report to MAPI destination, the export is successful.

> Can anyone give me a hint?

> Thanks, Miran Zadravec

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:03:20 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
Thanks. I have forgot to write that I'm using CR 8.0 and have installed all
needed files for exporting (u2dapp.dll, u2ddisk.dll, u2dmapi.dll,
u2dnotes.dll, u2dpost.dll - these are destination files and all format
files, that were expected by our customer u2fxls.dll, u2fwordw.dll,
u2frtf.dll, u2ftext.dll, ...)
I must also say that the same instalation of Crystal worked fine on Windows
98 with Office 2000 SR-1. But combination W2K and Office 2000 SR-1 doesn't
export my reports in any destination other than MAPI.

I noticed the same behaviour on my development machine and also on any
client machine with W2K and Office 2000 SR-1.

I have also aplied a Crystal Decision Database and Export Patch on my
development machine, but that doesn't help.

I really don't know, what to do.

Quote:
> Assuming you are using CR 8.5, I think you will need to include some of
the
> u2*.dll files, depending on what export formats you need.  See the
> runtime.hlp file that comes with CR 8.5, which gives a list of the dll
files
> and the respective export format.

> HTH

> Nelson

> > When I run my VB6 application on Windows 2000 server and try to export
> > previewed report to disk file or application, the file is created, but
is
> > blank with 0 KB lenght. This is the same with every format I tried:
Word,
> > Excel (any version), TXT, ...
> > Only when I export report to MAPI destination, the export is successful.

> > Can anyone give me a hint?

> > Thanks, Miran Zadravec

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:48:33 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
Hi Miran!
Sorry, this is not a solution! I only want you to know
that you are not alone!
I did exactly the same steps. With all files and patches but
the same than you. (I also made the SP2 on office)

Unfortunatly I recogniced a message in google like:
...this is a known bug in CR on windows2000 and it is never fixed!

hmmm! In the meantime I think about a long way work around.
And that is a add-in for outlook, where I save an attachment
of a mail with predefined format (subject) automaticly send by the
appl. using CR on a default destination. Urggh awfull

i guess i better should wait for a bug-fix by CR

ConnyHell

Quote:
> Thanks. I have forgot to write that I'm using CR 8.0 and have installed
all
> needed files for exporting (u2dapp.dll, u2ddisk.dll, u2dmapi.dll,
> u2dnotes.dll, u2dpost.dll - these are destination files and all format
> files, that were expected by our customer u2fxls.dll, u2fwordw.dll,
> u2frtf.dll, u2ftext.dll, ...)
> I must also say that the same instalation of Crystal worked fine on
Windows
> 98 with Office 2000 SR-1. But combination W2K and Office 2000 SR-1 doesn't
> export my reports in any destination other than MAPI.

> I noticed the same behaviour on my development machine and also on any
> client machine with W2K and Office 2000 SR-1.

> I have also aplied a Crystal Decision Database and Export Patch on my
> development machine, but that doesn't help.

> I really don't know, what to do.

> > Assuming you are using CR 8.5, I think you will need to include some of
> the
> > u2*.dll files, depending on what export formats you need.  See the
> > runtime.hlp file that comes with CR 8.5, which gives a list of the dll
> files
> > and the respective export format.

> > HTH

> > Nelson

> > > When I run my VB6 application on Windows 2000 server and try to export
> > > previewed report to disk file or application, the file is created, but
> is
> > > blank with 0 KB lenght. This is the same with every format I tried:
> Word,
> > > Excel (any version), TXT, ...
> > > Only when I export report to MAPI destination, the export is
successful.

> > > Can anyone give me a hint?

> > > Thanks, Miran Zadravec

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:30:29 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI

See Crystal's Kbase #  c2007158
at http://support.crystaldecisions.com/

Quote:

> Hi Miran!
> Sorry, this is not a solution! I only want you to know
> that you are not alone!
> I did exactly the same steps. With all files and patches but
> the same than you. (I also made the SP2 on office)

> Unfortunatly I recogniced a message in google like:
> ...this is a known bug in CR on windows2000 and it is never fixed!

> hmmm! In the meantime I think about a long way work around.
> And that is a add-in for outlook, where I save an attachment
> of a mail with predefined format (subject) automaticly send by the
> appl. using CR on a default destination. Urggh awfull

> i guess i better should wait for a bug-fix by CR

> ConnyHell

> > Thanks. I have forgot to write that I'm using CR 8.0 and have installed
> all
> > needed files for exporting (u2dapp.dll, u2ddisk.dll, u2dmapi.dll,
> > u2dnotes.dll, u2dpost.dll - these are destination files and all format
> > files, that were expected by our customer u2fxls.dll, u2fwordw.dll,
> > u2frtf.dll, u2ftext.dll, ...)
> > I must also say that the same instalation of Crystal worked fine on
> Windows
> > 98 with Office 2000 SR-1. But combination W2K and Office 2000 SR-1 doesn't
> > export my reports in any destination other than MAPI.

> > I noticed the same behaviour on my development machine and also on any
> > client machine with W2K and Office 2000 SR-1.

> > I have also aplied a Crystal Decision Database and Export Patch on my
> > development machine, but that doesn't help.

> > I really don't know, what to do.

> > > Assuming you are using CR 8.5, I think you will need to include some of
> > the
> > > u2*.dll files, depending on what export formats you need.  See the
> > > runtime.hlp file that comes with CR 8.5, which gives a list of the dll
> > files
> > > and the respective export format.

> > > HTH

> > > Nelson

> > is
> > Word,
> successful.

  tthomp.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:53:32 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
Thanks all. I'll make my own Export form and export reports in my code.

Quote:
> See Crystal's Kbase #  c2007158
> at http://support.crystaldecisions.com/

> > Hi Miran!
> > Sorry, this is not a solution! I only want you to know
> > that you are not alone!
> > I did exactly the same steps. With all files and patches but
> > the same than you. (I also made the SP2 on office)

> > Unfortunatly I recogniced a message in google like:
> > ...this is a known bug in CR on windows2000 and it is never fixed!

> > hmmm! In the meantime I think about a long way work around.
> > And that is a add-in for outlook, where I save an attachment
> > of a mail with predefined format (subject) automaticly send by the
> > appl. using CR on a default destination. Urggh awfull

> > i guess i better should wait for a bug-fix by CR

> > ConnyHell

> > > Thanks. I have forgot to write that I'm using CR 8.0 and have
installed
> > all
> > > needed files for exporting (u2dapp.dll, u2ddisk.dll, u2dmapi.dll,
> > > u2dnotes.dll, u2dpost.dll - these are destination files and all format
> > > files, that were expected by our customer u2fxls.dll, u2fwordw.dll,
> > > u2frtf.dll, u2ftext.dll, ...)
> > > I must also say that the same instalation of Crystal worked fine on
> > Windows
> > > 98 with Office 2000 SR-1. But combination W2K and Office 2000 SR-1
doesn't
> > > export my reports in any destination other than MAPI.

> > > I noticed the same behaviour on my development machine and also on any
> > > client machine with W2K and Office 2000 SR-1.

> > > I have also aplied a Crystal Decision Database and Export Patch on my
> > > development machine, but that doesn't help.

> > > I really don't know, what to do.

> > > the
> > > files

> > > is
> > > Word,
> > successful.

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:55:50 GMT
 Blank reports after exporting to any destination other than MAPI
All this trouble has gone since I installed CR 8.5.

Quote:
> Thanks all. I'll make my own Export form and export reports in my code.

> > See Crystal's Kbase #  c2007158
> > at http://support.crystaldecisions.com/

> > > Hi Miran!
> > > Sorry, this is not a solution! I only want you to know
> > > that you are not alone!
> > > I did exactly the same steps. With all files and patches but
> > > the same than you. (I also made the SP2 on office)

> > > Unfortunatly I recogniced a message in google like:
> > > ...this is a known bug in CR on windows2000 and it is never fixed!

> > > hmmm! In the meantime I think about a long way work around.
> > > And that is a add-in for outlook, where I save an attachment
> > > of a mail with predefined format (subject) automaticly send by the
> > > appl. using CR on a default destination. Urggh awfull

> > > i guess i better should wait for a bug-fix by CR

> > > ConnyHell

> installed
> > > all
> > > Windows
> doesn't

> of
> dll

> export
> but
> tried:
> > > successful.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:42:57 GMT

1. export to mapi destination

2. Crystal Reports to MAPI Destination

3. changing report name of a MAPI exported report

4. Problem in exporting the report to a MAPI session

5. Error 3027 When exporting to XLS with long destination name

6. Error 3027 When exporting to XLS with long destination name

7. Export Destination

8. Export Destination

9. export destination

10. Error 3027 When exporting to XLS with Long destination name

11. SQL - Join one table in one destination to another table in another destination (DBF)

12. Crystl32.ocx shows blank report at second time report is generated