Launching reports from within Delphi 5 programs
Author Message
 Launching reports from within Delphi 5 programs

I want to lauch a report passing to it the current record as the
parameter.  I have set up the report and its connection to SQLServer
and the relavant database and table etc.  If I physically launch
Crystal and the report I can simply choose from a dropdown list which
record I want to use for the report.

I want to do all this from a delphi program that is used to manipulate
the SQLServer database.  Once finished I simply want to launch the
report passing to it the record I want to use.

A bit hopeful but maybe someone knows the answer or at least hints of
what it could be!

Thanks

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:11:25 GMT
 Launching reports from within Delphi 5 programs

Quote:
> I want to lauch a report passing to it the current record as the
> parameter.
> Once finished I simply want to launch the
> report passing to it the record I want to use.

Sounds like all you have to do is fill the selection formula ?

Using the VCL it is something like: Selection.Formula.Text := '{Table.Field}
= ''value''';

Gert

Links for Delphi & Crystal users:
http://home.planet.nl/~gdeboom
http://users.uniserve.ca/~zimmerman/delphi.htm

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:51:51 GMT

1. Launching an app from within a VB program

2. Launch a program within VBS

3. Launching an export from within a Crystal report??

4. Switching Versions Of Crystal Reports To Launch From 16-Bit VB Program

5. Using Temporary VB strings from within Delphi

6. Launching Windows Program from DOS Program

7. Having a BASIC program launch another program

8. How to launch a VB program off the back of a non VB program

9. Registry read Failure when program launched by AT scheduling program

10. report cancellation when launching web report

11. Browsing a web page within outlook 2000 launched from a toolbar button

12. Launch URL within browser window using TargetFrameName?