File I/O error in Crystal Reports Viewer
Author Message
 File I/O error in Crystal Reports Viewer

Hello,

I'm trying to view a .rpt file in a web browser.  The file resides on
a webserver (NT 4.0)  I browse to the file and the Report Viewer
appears in the browser.  After a few seconds i get the error "File I/O
error" and the report doesn't display.  The same report displays fine
on a different server, so my question is What is this error, and how
do i avoid it?  Thanks.

ECD

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:57:12 GMT
 File I/O error in Crystal Reports Viewer
Can you go on the server, and run the report using CR designer there.  That
should point you in the direction of the error.

What is your data source?  The web server can't find it, so it has to be a
System DSN if you are using ODBC.

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm trying to view a .rpt file in a web browser.  The file resides on
> a webserver (NT 4.0)  I browse to the file and the Report Viewer
> appears in the browser.  After a few seconds i get the error "File I/O
> error" and the report doesn't display.  The same report displays fine
> on a different server, so my question is What is this error, and how
> do i avoid it?  Thanks.

> ECD

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 03:13:00 GMT
 File I/O error in Crystal Reports Viewer
Well, it would appear the problem ended up being a lack of disk space
on the web server.  When i try to open the same reports directly at
the server, i get "Disk is Full" errors.  Thanks for your help...

ECD

Quote:

> Can you go on the server, and run the report using CR designer there.  That
> should point you in the direction of the error.

> What is your data source?  The web server can't find it, so it has to be a
> System DSN if you are using ODBC.

> > Hello,

> > I'm trying to view a .rpt file in a web browser.  The file resides on
> > a webserver (NT 4.0)  I browse to the file and the Report Viewer
> > appears in the browser.  After a few seconds i get the error "File I/O
> > error" and the report doesn't display.  The same report displays fine
> > on a different server, so my question is What is this error, and how
> > do i avoid it?  Thanks.

> > ECD

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:13:28 GMT

1. Invalid Report Source Error in Crystal Report Viewer

2. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

3. crystal reports v6.0 - browser smart viewer error

4. Crystal 9 and the Crystal report viewer OCX.

5. Access denied to Crystal Report\viewers

6. Problem using crystal report viewer

7. Database passwords in Crystal Report Viewer

8. Sample for how to use Crystal Report Viewer?

9. Mouse Scroller on Crystal Reports Viewer Form?

10. Crystal Report Viewer and Printer Settings????

11. Crystal Report Viewer

12. Crystal Reports Viewer