CR 4.6 report selection formula
Author Message
 CR 4.6 report selection formula

I am trying to retrieve records using the formula
{brgtransl.prefix}='EC' or {brgtransl.suffix}
='XY'.

What happens is that it finds records which match
the first criteria and seems to ignore the
second.  Even if I switch to
{brgtransl.suffix}='XY' or {brgtransl.suffix}
='EC' it matches on the first, ignores the second.

Is this a 4.6 limitation or do I need different
syntax to do this?  The little bit of
documentation I found said it will apply the
boolean formula to a record and display if true,
not display if it evaluates to false.  It seems
to stop at the "OR" and nearly all the examples
have "AND".

I am using VB 6 and Access 97 database.  This is
my first time programming with CR.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem in Selection formula, CR 4.6, VB 6.0

2. Formulas in Crystal Report 4.6 ActiveX, 2°

3. Formulas in Crystal Report 4.6 ActiveX

4. CR 4.6 shipped with VB5 question - How to tell when report is unloaded in Visual Basic

5. CR 4.6 - Report doesn't update parameters - HELP

6. CR 4.6 - Same as Report disabled

7. Bound Report w/ CR 4.6 and VB 5.0

8. User defined report title (CR v 4.6)

9. Urgent ! Problem in Selection formula, CR 4.6, VB 6.0

10. CR.Net Record Selection Formula not being applied

11. Help: CR group selection formula with dates

12. Cr Rpts selection formula not current