Why no one explaning how to do this???
Author Message
 Why no one explaning how to do this???

I am setting the flag "NewPageAfter" in one of my group in the crystal
report. As you all know crystal created a extra page( why crystal did
not fix this stupid bug for long time ). I know most of the developers
have this issue and I am trying to set the formula "Not OnLastRecord"
at run time. I dont know how to set it. It would be great,If any one
has a example in vb or c++( preferably ).

Thanks in advance
Man frustrated with crystal {*filter*}

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:16:55 GMT
 Why no one explaning how to do this???
Why are you trying to set the formula at run time ? Why don't you just set
it in the report directly ?

--

Guillaume

Quote:
> I am setting the flag "NewPageAfter" in one of my group in the crystal
> report. As you all know crystal created a extra page( why crystal did
> not fix this stupid bug for long time ). I know most of the developers
> have this issue and I am trying to set the formula "Not OnLastRecord"
> at run time. I dont know how to set it. It would be great,If any one
> has a example in vb or c++( preferably ).

> Thanks in advance
> Man frustrated with crystal {*filter*}

---

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:19:54 GMT
 Why no one explaning how to do this???
User specifies the settings according to the data when the user run my
application. According to user selected settings, I am generating the
report. I need a method to set a conditional page break, if the user
select the option "New Page after the group" in my UI. I am seeking
for a small example code how to set the conditional page break
programatically, not in Crystal Report UI. Sample statement either in
C++ or atleast in VB.

Right now I set the page break in my Group Report footer which is
generating one extra empty page. I need to generate my report with
footer and header. I need a Group Footer formatting saying "Not
OnLastRecord"( the formula field generated in crystal viewer by
clicking (x+2) button ) but I dont know how to set this in c++. I
tried all possible way it is not working even a vb example will give
me good idea

Thanks
Sun

Quote:

> Why are you trying to set the formula at run time ? Why don't you just set
> it in the report directly ?

> --

> Guillaume

> > I am setting the flag "NewPageAfter" in one of my group in the crystal
> > report. As you all know crystal created a extra page( why crystal did
> > not fix this stupid bug for long time ). I know most of the developers
> > have this issue and I am trying to set the formula "Not OnLastRecord"
> > at run time. I dont know how to set it. It would be great,If any one
> > has a example in vb or c++( preferably ).

> > Thanks in advance
> > Man frustrated with crystal {*filter*}

> ---

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:36:39 GMT
 Why no one explaning how to do this???
Make a formula and put this formula into the condition field for page break
of your section. Then pass a value to this formula from your C++ app. The
value will be your condition. Then the report will do whatever you wanted it
to do.

Or you can fill in some other formula and in the page-break-condition field
you will test for the value of this formula.

With best regards

Tomas

Quote:
> User specifies the settings according to the data when the user run my
> application. According to user selected settings, I am generating the
> report. I need a method to set a conditional page break, if the user
> select the option "New Page after the group" in my UI. I am seeking
> for a small example code how to set the conditional page break
> programatically, not in Crystal report UI. Sample statement either in
> C++ or atleast in VB.

> Right now I set the page break in my Group Report footer which is
> generating one extra empty page. I need to generate my report with
> footer and header. I need a Group Footer formatting saying "Not
> OnLastRecord"( the formula field generated in crystal viewer by
> clicking (x+2) button ) but I dont know how to set this in c++. I
> tried all possible way it is not working even a vb example will give
> me good idea

> Thanks
> Sun

> > Why are you trying to set the formula at run time ? Why don't you just
set
> > it in the report directly ?

> > --

> > Guillaume

> > > I am setting the flag "NewPageAfter" in one of my group in the crystal
> > > report. As you all know crystal created a extra page( why crystal did
> > > not fix this stupid bug for long time ). I know most of the developers
> > > have this issue and I am trying to set the formula "Not OnLastRecord"
> > > at run time. I dont know how to set it. It would be great,If any one
> > > has a example in vb or c++( preferably ).

> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Man frustrated with crystal {*filter*}

> > ---

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 23:30:45 GMT

1. why why why why

2. Why why why why?

3. Any one had problem doing 16 bits Automation Server under Win 3.11

4. Error 3071...Why on one machine and not on others

5. I bet no one knows why JNI call to a Jet/DAO DLL hangs

6. Why One Empty GROUP in Report ?

7. : Query only grabbing one record, Why??

8. ~Why should one use VB instead of DELHPI?

9. Why is there only one result displayed?

10. Why are fonts so small for one user????

11. Why will one make a custom control?