Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Grouping question
Author Message
 Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Grouping question

Hi,

I am quite new to Crystal Reports hence this simple question.

I am trying to create a report for a call center that would display
the following for a given agent:
1.) Number of cases created during a date range
(CASE_TABLE.CREATED_DATE)
2.) Number of cases closed during the same date range
(CASE_TABLE.CLOSED_DATE)
3.) Number of cases that are outstanding till the date of report.

I created 3 reports
1.) Count of Case_Created for cases created- prompts for agent,
created_from_date, created_to_date
2.) Count of Case_Closed for cases closed- prompts for agent,
closed_from_date, closed_to_date
3.) Count of Case_Outstanding for cases open- prompts for agent.

Each of them individually run fine.

I created a new report using Case_Created as primary report and
Case_Closed & Case_Outstanding as sub-reports with proper linkages.

When I try running the report, it prompts me for prompt values 3 times
- once for Case_Created, once for Case_Closed and once for
Case_Outstanding though the values for each are same.

How do I get rid of the 2 extra prompts from appearing and instead use
the values specified in the first prompt for running the sub-reports?

Thanks.

Sun, 08 May 2005 06:14:37 GMT
 Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Grouping question

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Grouping question
Sorry for the mistake in the Subject line.

It should read "Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Report question"

Mon, 09 May 2005 04:13:23 GMT
 Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Grouping question
It sounds like you have created parameters in each of the subreports.  Your
parameters should be in your main report, not each of the subreports.  What
should happen is that the main report requests the parameter values from the
user and then distributes this information to the subreports based on the
links.  Example: If one of your parameters is a starting date, then create
that parameter in the main report.  Edit the links to the desired subreport
using the parameter field from the main report and linking it to the correct
date field in the subreport.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Sorry for the mistake in the Subject line.

> It should read "Crystal Report 8.5 Sub-Report question"

Fri, 13 May 2005 22:00:24 GMT

1. Sub Reports within vb6 and Crystal 8.5

2. Crystal Reports 8.5 Grouping Definition in VB.

3. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

4. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

5. CR 8.5 - Switching from portrait in a report to landscape in a sub-report

6. 3 questions about Crystal Reports 8.5

7. Good Question - Crystal Reports 8.5

8. Crystal 8.5 and web reports (Session object question)

9. Urgent: General questions about Crystal Reports 8.5 Developer Edition

10. Easy Crystal Reports 8.5 Question

11. Running Crystal 8.5 Reports on Crystal 9 RAS

12. Help - Trending report in the Drill-Down style in Crystal Reports 8.5