Now the problem is that i miss an object option like "see on printout" -> MS
Powerpoint ...

Dietmar

Sun, 02 May 2004 04:22:40 GMT
 General printing problem (2nd try)
<< Subject: General printing problem (2nd try)

Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2001 2:22 PM

I use CR 8.5 for making an invoice-report. These Report files are external
(.rpt) accessed via VB. When the user see the invioce on his computer
screen, then he should see the invoice-data AND some other objects (lines,
images, text, etc.) which on the printed sheet shouldn't appear. This is
because these images, lines etc. are spaceholder ONLY for die preprinted
invoice paper.
Now the problem is that i miss an object option like "see on printout" -> MS
Powerpoint ...

Dietmar

You shold be able to put a print suppress formula on those objects, then pass a
parameter to the report indicating whether or not you want to print the
objects.  You could also set up two detail sections - one for printing and one
for viewing (paper or plasma?) and suppress one or the other based on the
parameter.  Not exactly the way you wanted to to it, but it should work.

Mon, 03 May 2004 00:32:55 GMT
 General printing problem (2nd try)
It would be nice if the next CR version would have some info about what is
happening (previewing, printing, exporting), for example in pFormattingInfo:

Private Sub Section2_Format(ByVal pFormattingInfo As Object)

:(

Bas

Quote:
> << Subject: General printing problem (2nd try)

> Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2001 2:22 PM

> I use CR 8.5 for making an invoice-report. These Report files are external
> (.rpt) accessed via VB. When the user see the invioce on his computer
> screen, then he should see the invoice-data AND some other objects (lines,
> images, text, etc.) which on the printed sheet shouldn't appear. This is
> because these images, lines etc. are spaceholder ONLY for die preprinted
> invoice paper.
> Now the problem is that i miss an object option like "see on printout" ->
MS
> Powerpoint ...

> Dietmar

> You shold be able to put a print suppress formula on those objects, then
pass a
> parameter to the report indicating whether or not you want to print the
> objects.  You could also set up two detail sections - one for printing and
one
> for viewing (paper or plasma?) and suppress one or the other based on the
> parameter.  Not exactly the way you wanted to to it, but it should work.

Mon, 03 May 2004 18:09:54 GMT
 General printing problem (2nd try)

Quote:

>It would be nice if the next CR version would have some info about what is
>happening (previewing, printing, exporting), for example in pFormattingInfo:

>Private Sub Section2_Format(ByVal pFormattingInfo As Object)

It would be nice if a version of CR had some information about almost
anything!

Don.

Wed, 05 May 2004 01:37:05 GMT

1. 2nd try -- simple printing question

2. VB4/16 Having Problems with Print Object on 2nd Page

3. Printing problems - every 2nd page is empty

4. Printer.Print prblem (2nd page prints highlighted black)

5. Grouping & Footer (2nd try)

6. 2nd try-Auto dis-associate mail merge data source

7. 2ND TRY - HOW DO I?

8. 2nd try on a macro need

9. Outlook, OE and Rules (2nd try)

10. Why does my textbox flicker, 2nd try...

11. ?SQL VB Functions in GROUP BY - 2ND Try

12. 16-bit Crystal Report Freezes on 2nd Try