SQL Expression Field - SELECT error
Author Message
 SQL Expression Field - SELECT error

Hi,

I have a table that I am trying to retrieve a name based on an id.  I want
to use an SQL Expression field to do so.   I used the Crystal SQL Designer
to create the following sql statement.  Then, I create a new SQL Expression
Field, and paste the sql statement into it (see following sql statement).

SELECT
  CHURCH_FILE."CHURCH_NAME"
FROM
  "aix_roa"."OAUSER"."CHURCH_FILE" CHURCH_FILE
WHERE
  CHURCH_FILE."CHURCH_ID" = '01005'

After pasting, I check the syntax of the SQL Expression field, and I get a
'SYNTAX' error after the SELECT statement.

My question is two-fold:

(i) If the Crystal SQL Designer builds this code, why does the SQL
Expression field have a problem with it?

(ii) Is what I am trying to do possible with expression fields, i.e. I am
trying to lookup a field in a table on the fly based on the id field, and
having the results returned to me from the sql statement and stored in the
SQL Expression field?  I want the SQL Expression Field to store the
Church.Name.

Thanks for your reply,

Nic

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 20639: SQL Expression error - Error in creating SQL Expression COM Parser (cpeaut32)

2. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression

3. Assign SQL expression to text field in Access ?

4. SQL Expression in Field Explorer is MISSING

5. Using parameters in SQL Expression Fields

6. CR 8.8 SQL Expression Field

7. SQL Expression Field does not display

8. SQL Expression field

9. Cannot Insert SQL Expression Field

10. SQL Expression Fields

11. SQL Expression Field

12. Error: Not a valid field name or expression