Problem in fetching data from SQL views in crystal reports
Author Message
 Problem in fetching data from SQL views in crystal reports

In my VB.Net application, I have created reports using user DSN. When i run
the reports on develpment PC's, they are fetching the data from the views in
SQL server correctly. When i install the application on the production PC,
the reports are blank. They are not fetching any data from the views. I
tried pointing the reports to the tables, then they are working fine. Is
there anything special i need to do to fetch data from SQL views?

Devesh

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:28:51 GMT
 Problem in fetching data from SQL views in crystal reports
Devesh,
Are you using file DSN's? If so, are you giving path relative to the
assembly (Application.StartupPath & "\dsnpath\my.dsn")?
If so, the path will be different on the development machine and the
deployment machine.
This is because the assembly will be located in the bin sub directory on the
development machine and is *usually* located in the root of the deployed
machine.
So the relative path will not be resolved correctly.
A quick and easy solution is to deploy the assembly to the bin subdirectory,
so that the paths are identical.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Sreejath S. Warrier

Quote:
> In my VB.Net application, I have created reports using user DSN. When i
run
> the reports on develpment PC's, they are fetching the data from the views
in
> SQL server correctly. When i install the application on the production PC,
> the reports are blank. They are not fetching any data from the views. I
> tried pointing the reports to the tables, then they are working fine. Is
> there anything special i need to do to fetch data from SQL views?

> Devesh

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:53:29 GMT

1. Crystal Report on SQL Server View

2. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

3. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

4. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

5. Problems with Crystal Reports View in ASP.Net

6. Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

7. In Crystal 6.0 Cannnot fetch data from Number fields in Oracle 7.3

8. Data View and SQL Server 2000 Problem

9. View Multiple Crystal Report as Single Report

10. Simple Report View.......Crystal Report Object

11. Viewing report created using Crystal reports 7.0

12. View a Report without Crystal Report installed ?