Possible to use DAO RS from Data Ctrl for RDC?
Author Message
 Possible to use DAO RS from Data Ctrl for RDC?

If you're using VB6, why not use the Data Environment add-in? It will walk
you through setting up the DAO object, and then drag and drop it into the
Crystal Report object in your project.

RM

Quote:

>Using VB6, CRDC6, DAO and Access.  Looking for example code if this is
>possible:

>I want to use the current recordset assigned to the Data Control as my data
>source for my report so I do not have to re-query the database.

>I would think the following code should work, but it does not:

>    Report.Database.SetDataSource  frmMain.Data1.RecordSource

>The examples that come with the Designer Component use the SetDataSource
>method with ADO (on a SQL query), and lead one to believe that the method
>should work with DAO as well, but I have yet to make SetDataSource work at
>all for DAO in any way.  The method executes just fine, but the original
>design-time report source is still what is displayed instead of the current
>source.

>So I'm using the following code to set the source currently:

>    Report.Database.Tables(1).Location = frmMain.Data1.DatabaseName

>Which works for the whole current db, but I want to use just a subset of
what
>is in the database (the current query and recordset) for the report.

>Thanks,

>    -Mark Anderson

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB using RDC 6 ODBC via DAO

2. VB6 Data report with DAO - Is it possible?

3. Possible Memory Leak When Using ADO/DAO with VB6

4. Binding controls without using Data Ctrl

5. Datestamp using data ctrl?

6. newbie - DC, DAO or RDC?

7. Rdc & dao

8. Crystal Reports RDC and DAO

9. RDC and DAO recordset how to pass

10. CR6 RDC for VB: Use of an exististing recordset (dao) from grid

11. DAO rs.update fails

12. ado recordset runs slower than dao rs