Crystal can not find the SQL server
Author Message
 Crystal can not find the SQL server

I have been successfully using Crystal Reports 6.0 and VB6 against a SQL 6.5
database for some time now. I have many complicated reports that work just
fine from my VB Client. I have one report however that will not work (It was
working but I must have changed something) Whenever my users using WinNT
workstation 4 sp 3 attempt to access this report they receive a "Cannot find
sql server" error. I can duplicate this on a test workstation. If I change
the ODBC settings to "With NT authentication" it works on most machines. I
Can also leave the ODBC alone... open another report from my VB client first
and then open my problem report. I even tried recreating this report with no
success.

Any Ideas

TIA

Donnie Swafford

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal can not find the SQL server
I don't know if this will help but - I used to get this on some
reports while others worked and it turned out to be that during th
design phase the programmer was selecting the data source as "sql
server" instead of ODBC source. I beleive that the "sql server" option
uses crystals own driver which would need to be setup. Check the
datasource option - just in case.

Magennis Weate

Quote:

>I have been successfully using Crystal Reports 6.0 and VB6 against a SQL 6.5
>database for some time now. I have many complicated reports that work just
>fine from my VB Client. I have one report however that will not work (It was
>working but I must have changed something) Whenever my users using WinNT
>workstation 4 sp 3 attempt to access this report they receive a "Cannot find
>sql server" error. I can duplicate this on a test workstation. If I change
>the ODBC settings to "With NT authentication" it works on most machines. I
>Can also leave the ODBC alone... open another report from my VB client first
>and then open my problem report. I even tried recreating this report with no
>success.
>Any Ideas
>TIA
>Donnie Swafford

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

2. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

3. URGENT: Crystal report cannot find SQL Server

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. SQL-Server not found

6. Another Physical DB not found (but with SQL server)

7. SQL Server Not Found

8. Can not find SQL Server

9. SQL Server not found

10. Error:SQL server not Found?

11. Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

12. Specified SQL Server not found error