Error - Server has not yet been opened
Author Message
 Error - Server has not yet been opened

I use VB5 and Crystal ActiveX Designer with rdo odbc to an Oracel RDB
database on a Vax.

If I create a report in VB with the Crystal ActiveX designer it works fine,
but when I try to use reports I have created earlier (Crystal Report
Designer 5 and 6), I get the error message from Crystal Smart Viewer that
Server has not yet been opened and a empty report.

Can someone please tell me what Im doing wrong?

Thanks

Vidar

My code:

Dim report As New CrystalReport1
Dim env As rdoEnvironment
Dim con As rdoConnection
Dim rs As rdoResultset
Dim strSql As String, strConnect As String

Set env = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)

strConnect = "driver={Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb};" _
              & "database=attach 'filename  dbname'; " _
              & "uid= user ;" & "pwd= pword ;" _
              & "svr= servername;"

Set con = env.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, True, strConnect)

strSql = "My SQL string"

Set rs = con.OpenResultset(strSql, rdOpenKeyset, rdConcurReadOnly)

report.Database.SetDataSource rs

CRViewer1.ReportSource = report
CRViewer1.ViewReport

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connection not Open + Server has not yet been opened error messages

2. Error: Server has not yet been opened.

3. Error: server has not yet been opened

4. Error: Server not yet opened (-2147192184)

5. The server has not yet been opened error

6. Crystal 8, VB Script Server has not yet been opened Error

7. Error: "Server not yet opened"

8. Server Has not yet been opened Error with Crystal Reports 7

9. SQL 2000/Server not open yet error

10. Server not yet opened error

11. "server not yet opened" error

12. "server not yet opened" error