Crystal Reports Active Data Driver (field definition file)
Author Message
 Crystal Reports Active Data Driver (field definition file)

Hi all,
  I'm trying to pass an ADO recordset to Crystal Reports.  I have
followed the directions to a T but I cannot get results to print out.
Has anyone done this successfully?

There is a full recordset coming back with exactly the fields in the
report.
Code below:

Any help would be appreciated.
William Oliveri

Dim sFileName As String
Dim FwdP As FwdPayments
Dim adoRS2 As ADODB.Recordset

Set FwdP = New FwdPayments
Set adoRS2 = FwdP.GetData("all")

Dim Myapp As Application
Dim myReport As Report
Set Myapp = CreateObject("Crystal.CRPE.Application")
Set myReport = Myapp.OpenReport(app.Path & "\Report5.rpt")

Dim reportDb As Database
Dim reportTables As DatabaseTables
Dim reportTable As DatabaseTable

Set reportDb = myReport.Database
Set reportTables = reportDb.Tables
Set reportTable = reportTables.Item(1)

Call reportTable.SetPrivateData(3, adoRS2)

myReport.Preview

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing Active Data (Field Definitions only)

2. Convert From Active Data(field Definitions) to ODBC

3. Crystal Report from a Field Definition in .NET

4. Using Active Data files in Crystal Reports

5. Active data driver and linking tables through multiple fields (composite key)

6. Bind the Recordset with the Crystal Field Definition file

7. Adding Active Data (Field Definitions Only) file to a report with RDC?

8. Crystal Report Bug using Active Data

9. Resize field after report created (Active Data)

10. printing without crystal report or data report for non data base reports

11. Setting Data Definition file data source at run time

12. CR 6 - Changes to active data driver field def. file not reflected in report