Author Message
 Linking 2 fields to 1 field

Hello all,

I have on Table that looks like:

 (Table1)

MyID1(Primary Key)    Value1    Value2

I have another table that looks like:

 (Table2)

MyID2(Primary Key)     Desciption1    Description2

Value1 and Value2 both point to the MyID2 field in the second table.  When I
choose a record from Table1, I'd like my report to display the Description1
and Description2 for Value1, and the Description1 and Description2 for
Value2.  This seems like a really simple situation, but I can't figure out
how to do it in Crystal.
--
Eric W. Goforth
Office Systems Integrator II

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking 2 fields to 1 field
The way around this is to add Table 2 to your report twice.  The second time
that you add it Crystal will complain and ask you if you want to create an
alias for the Table2.  You can call it something like Table2Value2.  Then
you link Value1 in Table1 to MYID2 in Table2 and link Value2 in Table1 to
MYID2 in Table2Value2.  On the report you then display:

Table2.Description1 +Table2.Description2

and

Table2Value2.Description1 +Table2Value2.Description2

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I have on Table that looks like:

>  (Table1)

> MyID1(Primary Key)    Value1    Value2

> I have another table that looks like:

>  (Table2)

> MyID2(Primary Key)     Desciption1    Description2

> Value1 and Value2 both point to the MyID2 field in the second table.  When
> choose a record from Table1, I'd like my report to display the
Description1
> and Description2 for Value1, and the Description1 and Description2 for
> Value2.  This seems like a really simple situation, but I can't figure out
> how to do it in Crystal.
> --
> Eric W. Goforth
> Office Systems Integrator II
> First Citizens Bank - 100 E. Tryon Rd. - Raleigh, NC

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: linking txt field with a memo field

2. Linking 2 fields to the same field

3. linking all fields in linked table?

4. Visual Linking: Can link by 2 fields?

5. Visual Linking: Can link by 2 fields?

6. Reading a field and using that field to place a number in another field

7. 2 fields on one table link to the same field on another - (Smart Linking??)

8. Link field to another form

9. Appending a field to a linked table

10. linking empty field

11. Modify path Linked Ole-Fields

12. Setting link child fields property in VBA