Using parameters in SQL Expression Fields
Author Message
 Using parameters in SQL Expression Fields

Hi

Is it possible to use parameters in SQL Expression Fields ?

Somthing like
SELECT (SELECT SUM(GROSS) FROM InvoiceHeads WHERE DocDate < {?FromDate}) AS
Test

Or how should you manage something like that?

What is subreports used for? Could a subreport be used in this context?

Best regards
Dangaard Telecom IT A/S

Sune Pedersen
Software Analyst
Phone: +45 7330 3815
Fax: +45 7330 3899

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:39:08 GMT
 Using parameters in SQL Expression Fields
SQL expressions are like formula fields, but they get processed on the DB.
They do not support sub SELECT's.  Do those in your DB or with the Crystal
SQL designer

Quote:
> Hi

> Is it possible to use parameters in SQL Expression Fields ?

> Somthing like
> SELECT (SELECT SUM(GROSS) FROM InvoiceHeads WHERE DocDate < {?FromDate})
AS
> Test

> Or how should you manage something like that?

> What is subreports used for? Could a subreport be used in this context?

> Best regards
> Dangaard Telecom IT A/S

> Sune Pedersen
> Software Analyst
> Phone: +45 7330 3815
> Fax: +45 7330 3899

> http://www.dangaard.com

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 04:18:48 GMT

1. Error 20639: SQL Expression error - Error in creating SQL Expression COM Parser (cpeaut32)

2. Assign SQL expression to text field in Access ?

3. SQL Expression in Field Explorer is MISSING

4. CR 8.8 SQL Expression Field

5. SQL Expression Field does not display

6. SQL Expression Field - SELECT error

7. SQL Expression field

8. Cannot Insert SQL Expression Field

9. SQL Expression Fields

10. SQL Expression Field

11. Field Names and Data Types used in expressions.

12. Please Help! Should I use SQL Expression Field or Parameter Field?