Font color formula problems
Author Message
 Font color formula problems

Hello,

I made a *VERY* simple font color formula, it is:

crBlack

I initially had some more complex stuff in the formula,
but tried making it simpler and simpler to get it to work.

I don't get an error message when I check it, save it,
etc. When I try to view it from a VB app I get the
following error message:

prjMyProject

ERROR Print Reports; Error in formula <FONT_COLOR>.
'crBlack
'
The remaining text does not appear to be part of a
formula; Error in frmMyForm.PrintReports procedure.

Any idea what's wrong?

The report is written in CRW8 Std Ed. My VB app is in VB6
SP5.

Thanks,
Eric

Tue, 04 May 2004 23:29:40 GMT
 Font color formula problems
Hello,

I've looked at Crystal's knowledge base and found the KB
article c2003644 that *MIGHT* apply.  However, it says
that it applies to version 7.0.1.192 Crystal Reports
Professional only.

Also, the example they give refers to manipulating the
font of a complex text object from inside vb code, my font
code is "static."

I'm merely clicking on the Font tab of the Format Editor
and clicking on the Formula Editor button that's beside
color.  The Database field that I'm doing this with *IS*
inside a text field.

I'm also not getting a "Method 'Name' of object 'Font'
failed, " but a "The remaining text does not appear to be
part of a formula" error message instead.

-Eric

Quote:

Wed, 05 May 2004 00:02:40 GMT
 Font color formula problems
Two possible causes:

1) Because the formula doesn't use any DB fields it will be calculated
"BeforeReadingRecords".  As Conditional formuals usually use DB fields they
will be calculated "WhileReadingRecords"
   WhileReadingRecords; crBlack

2) the crBlack, crWhite, crRed, etc appeared in later versions of CR.  In
Prior versions use Black, Red, White, etc. (and they still work in the later
versions)

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've looked at Crystal's knowledge base and found the KB
> article c2003644 that *MIGHT* apply.  However, it says
> that it applies to version 7.0.1.192 Crystal Reports
> Professional only.

> Also, the example they give refers to manipulating the
> font of a complex text object from inside vb code, my font
> code is "static."

> I'm merely clicking on the Font tab of the Format Editor
> and clicking on the Formula Editor button that's beside
> color.  The Database field that I'm doing this with *IS*
> inside a text field.

> I'm also not getting a "Method 'Name' of object 'Font'
> failed, " but a "The remaining text does not appear to be
> part of a formula" error message instead.

> -Eric

Fri, 07 May 2004 03:56:25 GMT

1. Change font and font color inside a textbox

2. replacement.font.color problem

3. Change the color of form's caption (background and font color)

4. How to change cell color or font color when data changed

5. How to change cell color or font color when data changed

7. Change Formulas Font at runtime in Crystal Report

8. CR7 - Changing a Field's Font Based on a Formula

9. How to Change Fonts through Formula

10. Color Matching formula

11. How to change data color using formula?

12. Coloring a Line Object in Formula