Error 599
Author Message
 Error 599

We have an issue with a customers installation on XP with Crystal Reports in
that they get an Error 599 (can not open SQL Server) whenever a report is
previewed. I have searched the crystal knowledge base and there appears to
be two issues:

1) A bug in a version of P2sodbc.dll (article : C200716)
2) Registry setting issue (article : C2007581)

I have downloaded and ru the files for these issues, however the error is
still there. I get the same error on my Windows 2000 machine.

The software was developed using Crystal Reports Version 8, and I have
Version 8.5 installed on my machine (with the software still using the old
8.0 version).

Does anyone have these problems as well?

Is there a solution? or a past thread that someone can point me to?

Of course, our technical support contract ran out long ago and due to
numerous other issues with crystal reports we have decided to drop Crystal
as our report engine - however I still have to support the old software that
is out there so any help would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:03:07 GMT
 Error 599
Hard to say what the problem is without knowing how you connect to the
underlying database from CR.

Quote:
> We have an issue with a customers installation on XP with crystal reports
in
> that they get an Error 599 (can not open SQL Server) whenever a report is
> previewed. I have searched the crystal knowledge base and there appears to
> be two issues:

> 1) A bug in a version of P2sodbc.dll (article : C200716)
> 2) Registry setting issue (article : C2007581)

> I have downloaded and ru the files for these issues, however the error is
> still there. I get the same error on my Windows 2000 machine.

> The software was developed using Crystal Reports Version 8, and I have
> Version 8.5 installed on my machine (with the software still using the old
> 8.0 version).

> Does anyone have these problems as well?

> Is there a solution? or a past thread that someone can point me to?

> Of course, our technical support contract ran out long ago and due to
> numerous other issues with crystal reports we have decided to drop Crystal
> as our report engine - however I still have to support the old software
that
> is out there so any help would be great.

> Thanks

> Matt

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:50:59 GMT

1. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

2. error 599

3. Error 599!!

4. Error 599 "Cannot open SQL Server" when running ODBC report after setting parameters

5. 599 - Crystal Reports & Oracle Server

6. err 599 using CRPE calls

7. Err 599

8. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

9. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

10. ERROR Code 0x80004005 : ERROR Code 0xfee670 : ERROR 1157

11. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

12. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression