VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR
Author Message
 VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

We use a VB6.0 application which calls up Crystal Report 7.0.  When the user
is prompted to enter some parameters there are 2 buttons at the bottom of
the screen:  [OK] & [Cancel].  If a user at this points decides not to go
ahead with running the report and clicks [Cancel] then the CR screen still
pops up and seems to run some kind of query which takes forever to finish -
even if no parameters were entered.  It takes a long time for the control to
be passed back to the VB application.  Is there anyway of making the
[Cancel] button immediately exit CR?

Any help/comments/suggestions would be appreciated!
AdL.nl

--

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
- Oscar Wilde

Sat, 29 May 2004 20:11:29 GMT
 VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR
Hi,

Couldn't you have a completely separate VB form that prompts the user for the
parameters?  If the user then clicks OK, these would be sent to Crystal without
further prompting.  If the user clicks on Cancel,  Crystal would not even be
addressed.

John...........

Quote:

> We use a VB6.0 application which calls up Crystal Report 7.0.  When the user
> is prompted to enter some parameters there are 2 buttons at the bottom of
> the screen:  [OK] & [Cancel].  If a user at this points decides not to go
> ahead with running the report and clicks [Cancel] then the CR screen still
> pops up and seems to run some kind of query which takes forever to finish -
> even if no parameters were entered.  It takes a long time for the control to
> be passed back to the VB application.  Is there anyway of making the
> [Cancel] button immediately exit CR?

> Any help/comments/suggestions would be appreciated!
> AdL.nl

> --

> Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
> - Oscar Wilde

Sat, 29 May 2004 21:35:16 GMT
 VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR
Hmmm, not a bad idea, but ... considering that I have 20 reports would
that mean that I would have to create a parameter form for each different
report?  If so then it probably defeats the inconvenience currently caused
by the [Cancel] button?  Do you agree?

Thanx,
AdL.nl

Quote:
> Hi,

> Couldn't you have a completely separate VB form that prompts the user for
the
> parameters?  If the user then clicks OK, these would be sent to Crystal
without
> further prompting.  If the user clicks on Cancel,  Crystal would not even
be
> addressed.

> John...........

Sat, 29 May 2004 21:56:48 GMT
 VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR
Hi,

I cna't agree or disagree since I do not have all the relevant facts at my
disposal.  It may be possible to design one generic form that could serve for
all twenty - but I can't guess at how much work this might entail.  I'm afraid
that it's up to you to measure the conveniences and inconveniences and weight
the ones against the others.

John.................

Quote:

> Hmmm, not a bad idea, but ... considering that I have 20 reports would
> that mean that I would have to create a parameter form for each different
> report?  If so then it probably defeats the inconvenience currently caused
> by the [Cancel] button?  Do you agree?

> Thanx,
> AdL.nl

> > Hi,

> > Couldn't you have a completely separate VB form that prompts the user for
> the
> > parameters?  If the user then clicks OK, these would be sent to Crystal
> without
> > further prompting.  If the user clicks on Cancel,  Crystal would not even
> be
> > addressed.

> > John...........

Sun, 30 May 2004 06:07:43 GMT

1. CR 6.0 and CR 7.0

2. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

3. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

4. Upgrading from CR 6.0 to CR 7.0

5. Prointing problem CR 7.0 VB 6.0 w/ ADO

6. C.R. 6.0 and 7.0 crash when number of pags over 32768

7. Filter dates between VB 6.0 and CR 6.0 from *.qry

8. VB 5.0, Access 98, CR 7.0

9. CR 7.0 & VB 6 page fault

10. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

11. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6