sorting question?
Author Message
 sorting question?

Hello,

I created a Crystal Report which has several fields. For example,

Serial #                Priority                Price   ...

Initially, I sorted it by Serial # (through the wizard). Once I have
the report created, how can I sort it with different field. For
instance, if I want to sort it by price after I get the report, how
can I do that?

(I am using Crystal Report with Visual Studio .NET frame, in VB.NET)
Thanks in advance,
ealeem

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:45:32 GMT
 sorting question?
You could use a parameter field that asks the user for the field on which to
sort.  Create a formula that looks at the parameter value and sort on the
formula field:
Formula - If ?Parameter = "Serial#" then {Table.Serial_No} else if
?Parameter = "Price" then {Table.Price}...
When you sort on the formula field it will actually sort on the field
specified by the parameter.  Make sure that all of the fields in the "Then"
clauses of the formula are of the same type by using "ToText", etc.

Bob Holmes

Quote:
> Hello,

> I created a crystal report which has several fields. For example,

> Serial #                Priority                Price   ...

> Initially, I sorted it by Serial # (through the wizard). Once I have
> the report created, how can I sort it with different field. For
> instance, if I want to sort it by price after I get the report, how
> can I do that?

> (I am using Crystal Report with Visual Studio .NET frame, in VB.NET)
> Thanks in advance,
> ealeem

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:23:08 GMT

1. Sort question on two fields