Need Help with Crystal Reports Line Graphs
Author Message
 Need Help with Crystal Reports Line Graphs

I need some advice on a Crystal Reports line graph that
I am trying to make.  I am using Crystal Reports version 7.
I want to make a line graph plotting 2 series of stock
prices for a one week period.

For example, assume that my data file consists of 3 fields
(sample data included):

STOCK    DAY       PRICE
========================
DOW        1        2010
DOW        2        2040
DOW        3        2065
DOW        4        2030
DOW        5        2050
DOW        6        2060
DOW        7        2070
S&P        1         100
S&P        2          90
S&P        3          95
S&P        4         120
S&P        5         125
S&P        6         140
S&P        7         150

Being a novice, I am using the Report Designer.
I have specified a series line graph in the "Graph" section in
the Report Designer of Crystal Reports.
I have defined "DAY" as the "on change of" field for the Graph.
I have defined "PRICE" as the "show value" field for the Graph.

My question is, where in the Report/Graph Designer do I specify
that the "STOCK" field is the SERIES identifier so the graph will
have 2 lines?  I want the I have spent alot of time reading the
documentation which I find inadequate and have spent hours
trying everything I could think of.  I'm sure its something
simple but at this point I'm about to give up.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Report Graph Problem (No Zero and No Lines attached in Line Graph)

2. Need help creating graphs in Crystal Reports from VB 5.0

3. Crystal Reports 8.5 line graph formatting

4. Crystal reports Graph Expert Need!

5. Please help......Time Line graphs (Activity reports)

6. Help with Graphs in Crystal Reports

7. Need help with graphing in Crystal 5...

8. Printing Crystal Reports report help needed

9. Need help printing LARGE reports with vb3.0 and Crystal Reports

10. Need help to write a report with Crystal Report

11. Need help printing LARGE reports with VB3.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5

12. Need help w/ graphing or using GRAPH control