error 50002
Author Message
 error 50002

Has anyone ever encountered this error message before.  The only thing it
tells me is that it is an unexpected error (#50002) and it happens while
I am using vb5, access97 and crystal6.  In the past this form worked using
crystal5.  Am I missing something?

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error 50002

If your selection is a SQL call, try to RESET your SQL query... 6.0 does
not build a where clause like 5.0.... It now uses iner and outer joins in
the FROM.  And there seems to be things that ARE NOT BACWARD COMPATIBLE to
version 5......

ATTENTION: if this is the problem,if you reset this field, your report
won't print on computers that have version 5.0 ocx or dll..... We had this
problem and had to choose....

Good luck !

Yves

Quote:
> Has anyone ever encountered this error message before.  The only thing it
> tells me is that it is an unexpected error (#50002) and it happens while
> I am using vb5, access97 and crystal6.  In the past this form worked
using
> crystal5.  Am I missing something?

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error 50002

I'm getting the same 'Unexpected error' when loading a form that has
Crystl32.ocx (v6.0) with no report file specified.  It is not occurring in
the IDE (although I'm having problems loading the project because VB can't
is having problems finding the Crystal Report control in the registry), but
causes a runtime error when the form is accessed for the first time in a
compiled executable.

Tammy, is this the same problem you are having?  Have you found a solution?
Let me know if you do.

Quote:

>If your selection is a SQL call, try to RESET your SQL query... 6.0 does
>not build a where clause like 5.0.... It now uses iner and outer joins in
>the FROM.  And there seems to be things that ARE NOT BACWARD COMPATIBLE to
>version 5......

>ATTENTION: if this is the problem,if you reset this field, your report
>won't print on computers that have version 5.0 ocx or dll..... We had this
>problem and had to choose....

>Good luck !

>Yves

>> Has anyone ever encountered this error message before.  The only thing it
>> tells me is that it is an unexpected error (#50002) and it happens while
>> I am using vb5, access97 and crystal6.  In the past this form worked
>using
>> crystal5.  Am I missing something?

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 error 50002

Bill,

Yes it is and no I haven't.  But will keep you informed.  Thanks for the
info from you and Yves.

Tammy

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 50002!!!

2. Error 50002!!!

3. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

4. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

5. ERROR Code 0x80004005 : ERROR Code 0xfee670 : ERROR 1157

6. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

7. Crystal error: error ocurred reading records: error in compiling sql expression

8. Error 20639: SQL Expression error - Error in creating SQL Expression COM Parser (cpeaut32)

9. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

10. Error message: Error accessing file

11. Access97, Win95 Error 76 Path error 99

12. ERROR HANDLERS RUNNING WITHOUT ERRORS