SQL server text field > 255
Author Message
 SQL server text field > 255

In VB 5.0 Enterprise, (sp3), and Crystal Reports 6.0

How can I get a SQL server field, a text field, (which to Crystal is a
memo field), into a formula, when the field is bigger than 255
characters.

I need to take the field from SQL server and manipulate it before I
put it on the report. I can't refer to SQL server text fields
in crystal formulas, so I created a blank formula and tried to move the
manipulated (Modified) field to the formula from within a VB program.
But it wont work when the field is > 255 characters.

Hard to believe that Crystal has such a limitation when SQL server is
so prevelant.

Is there any solution?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry

Wed, 03 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot store > 255 characters in Memo field

2. Strings > 255 from Memo fields

3. Crystal 4.5 Display fields > 255 bytes

4. Fetching Fields > 255 Chars with ODBC

5. Winsock INET_ADDR returns INADDR_NONE for 255.255.255.255

6. text field in querydef truncating at 255

7. Text driver other than Jet's (need over 255 fields)

8. SQL Server varchar(8000) being truncated to char(255)

9. Crystal VARCHAR(255) limit with SQL Server

10. Displaying MS Access fields over 255 characters (Memo fields)

12. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server