using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports
Author Message
 using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

I want to use 2 dbase files with MDX-indexes in 1 Crystal Report.
When i try to link both files, an error occurs, saying the field is
not indexed. However, the MDX-files exist.
Can anybody help me?

me email me at

Thanks!
Erik Pasman

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

Quote:

> I want to use 2 dbase files with MDX-indexes in 1 Crystal report.
> When i try to link both files, an error occurs, saying the field is
> not indexed. However, the MDX-files exist.
> Can anybody help me?

> me email me at

> Thanks!
> Erik Pasman

Hi Erik,

This should work.  The only time I know of where it doesn't work is if
the MDX files are different names than the DBFs.  The other problem is
with the VB version of Crystal and you need to create an .INF file for
Crystal and VB to know what index to use.  You can find more information
on this in the VB manuals.

If the indexes are not the same name as the DBF, go into the Visual
Linking Expert and press the Tables button.  In there you can click your
table and go to Add Index and select which MDX to use for that table.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

2. dBASE Index files .MDX usage in VB

3. Accessing existing dBase 5.0 Index files(mdx)

4. Crystal Reports, dBase Files and Indexes

5. Using dbase MDX Files in VB Apps w/DAO

6. Problems using SQL and MDX-Index

7. *** .MDX Indexes used with SQL queries ***

8. VB/Access and dBASE IV mdx files?

9. Problems using SQL and MDX-Index

10. Crystal Reports choking on dBASE IV files

11. Dbase IV MDX Question

12. Using DBase III index in VB5