HELP!: CR6 Date Interpretation Problem
Author Message
 HELP!: CR6 Date Interpretation Problem

I am designing a CR 6.0 report for a web page. The data is in an ACCESS 97
db. The date/time field in the the db is of the form MM/DD/YY  HH.MM.SS.
But Crystal "sees" the field as YYYY/MM/DD  HH:MM:SS.99.

This isn't a problem for the report. I just use the DTSToDate function to
convert the date in the report to the desired format.

But the preview drill-down on the left side of the report (in CR and on the
web page) display the date in the 'wierd' format. Why is Crystal doing
this? What can I do about it?

Thanks for you time.

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!: CR6 Date Interpretation Problem

Hi Tom,

If you don't need the time portion of the date-time field then go into
'File' -> 'Report Options...' and look at the 'Convert Date Time Field'
combobox (it's first one down).  Change from 'To Date Time' to 'To Date'.

Cheers,

--George

Quote:
>I am designing a CR 6.0 report for a web page. The data is in an ACCESS 97
>db. The date/time field in the the db is of the form MM/DD/YY  HH.MM.SS.
>But Crystal "sees" the field as YYYY/MM/DD  HH:MM:SS.99.

>This isn't a problem for the report. I just use the DTSToDate function to
>convert the date in the report to the desired format.

>But the preview drill-down on the left side of the report (in CR and on the
>web page) display the date in the 'wierd' format. Why is Crystal doing
>this? What can I do about it?

>Thanks for you time.

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem reporting range of dates with CR6 and VB6

2. Help: CR6 When Generated Installations Files are some CR6 DLL MISSING

3. Please help - problem with displaying database text fields in CR6

4. Help need GWBASIC interpretation

5. How to print records between two dates with CR6 and VB6

6. Printing a Date in CR6.0

7. finding a range of dates using CR6 with VB6

8. INSTALLED CR6 UPGRADE AND NOW GET ODBC INVALID DATE ERROR

9. CR6 date format errors

10. CR6 problem getting value

11. ODBC problem through CR6 and SQL Server 6.5

12. CR6 ODBC PROBLEM