CRXDRT Report .DiscardSavedData method crashes VB
Author Message
 CRXDRT Report .DiscardSavedData method crashes VB

Hello.
I am using the Crystal CRAXDRT object in VB. I am trying
to reuse an instantiated  report. Before I assign a
recordset to the report, I am trying to flush its data
with the method .DiscardSavedData. But I get an error that
looks like this in the event log : "Application popup:
vb6.exe - Application Error : The instruction
at '0x0042151a' referenced memory at "0x015b2cf4". The
memory could not be 'read'." Has anybody had this problem?
Thanks,
Jay Taylor
SCT Corp.

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:43:19 GMT
 CRXDRT Report .DiscardSavedData method crashes VB

Quote:

>Hello.
>I am using the Crystal CRAXDRT object in VB. I am trying
>to reuse an instantiated  report. Before I assign a
>recordset to the report, I am trying to flush its data
>with the method .DiscardSavedData. But I get an error that
>looks like this in the event log : "Application popup:
>vb6.exe - Application Error : The instruction
>at '0x0042151a' referenced memory at "0x015b2cf4". The
>memory could not be 'read'." Has anybody had this problem?
>Thanks,
>Jay Taylor
>SCT Corp.

Yes - we've  just had a whole bunch of them this week when we changed
from CR 8.0 to 8.5

With some trepidation, we removed all occurences of DiscardSavedData,
thinking that *perhaps* 8.5 didn't need them as 8.0 seems to have
done. So far (fingers crossed) we have not found any ill effects - all
data seems to be updated and correct.

Just another quirk of this hated CR ...

Good Luck!

Don.

Wed, 05 May 2004 01:34:48 GMT

1. VB crash when using Replace method

2. VB Reports crashing.

3. Crystal Reports Crashing VB

4. Crystal Reports crash in VB

5. Active reports crashing VB IDE

6. VB Crashes when inserting a Crystal 8.5 Report Designer

7. VB crashing after multiple reports exported using the RDC

8. Crystal Reports 6.0 Crashes my project and VB

9. VB crashes when exiting after opening more than 1 crystal Reports forms

10. VB crashes when exiting after opening more than 1 crystal Reports forms

11. VB crashes when attempting to print report?

12. crystal reports crashes vb