Bound Reports slow as molasses with NT 4.0 (workstation)
Author Message
 Bound Reports slow as molasses with NT 4.0 (workstation)

I have a stand alone NT 4.0 workstation that I recently installed
several programs on that ran fine in Win95/98.  The programs are
written in VB 6.0 (DAO) with Access97 & CRW 7.0 (OCX)  using the
following code.

Private Sub cmdFri_Click()
    Data1.RecordSource = "FRI"
    Data1.Refresh
    Report1.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\FRI.rpt"
    Report1.Action = 0
End Sub

The NT box is a 233 Mhz Pentium II with 64 mbs ram...
The programs themselves load quickly enough but when I call a report
It takes 3 to 4 minutes for NT to initialize the reports.  When I
check the task manager it's using 100% of the processor and around 24
mbs of memory...this happens on ALL of the programs that ran fine in
Win95/98

Has anyone had a similar experience with NT?

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 4.0 ON WINDOWS NT 4.0 WORKSTATION ???????

2. Slow as Molasses Word Macro

3. Bad Calculates on NT Workstation 4.0

4. Using MCI on WIN NT 4.0 Workstation

5. Q: Hourglass loading VB5 project on NT 4.0 SP2 Workstation

6. {Enter} on Dec Alpha Running Win NT 4.0 Workstation

7. MSCOMM32.OCX & NT 4.0 Workstation

8. OCX for Visual Basic 4.0 on Windows NT WorkStation

9. Appbar in NT Workstation 4.0

10. FindWindow, GetDesktopWindow, handles from VB on NT 4.0 Workstation

11. Lock Workstation NT 4.0 Function

12. Creating Shortcut icon under NT 4.0 Workstation