CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues
Author Message
 CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

Hi there !!!

    I have created a report in Crystal 6.0 and have just recently installed
Crystal 7.0 MR1. I wanted to upgrade my CR 6 report to CR 7 so I simply
opened the CR 6 report with CR 7 and saved it. This was fine until I went to
preview the report.

    When I previewed the report in Crystal 7 some of the boxes and lines
were overdrawn and running into each other.  Basically the report does not
look good.

    Worse still when I try to reformat the report i.e by resizing lines etc.
nothing seems to work or appear as I want it to.

Has anyone any suggestions or theories as to why this might be occurring? I
have been on to Seagate and they deny that it has anything to with CR 7.

Thanks in advance,

Aidan

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues
Hi Aidan,

I have the same problems.. even when I snap fields to gridlines some fields
would still go past their boundaries.
(can grow has been turned of)

Seagate, I hope you're reading this..

bye

Quote:
> Hi there !!!

>     I have created a report in Crystal 6.0 and have just recently
installed
> Crystal 7.0 MR1. I wanted to upgrade my CR 6 report to CR 7 so I simply
> opened the CR 6 report with CR 7 and saved it. This was fine until I went
> preview the report.

>     When I previewed the report in Crystal 7 some of the boxes and lines
> were overdrawn and running into each other.  Basically the report does not
> look good.

>     Worse still when I try to reformat the report i.e by resizing lines
etc.
> nothing seems to work or appear as I want it to.

> Has anyone any suggestions or theories as to why this might be occurring?
> have been on to Seagate and they deny that it has anything to with CR 7.

> Thanks in advance,

> Aidan

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues
HI !!

    I actually asked Seagate what the hell was going on and this is their
reply ....Thanks a lot Guys !!!!

"Hello Aidan, thank you for using Answers By Email Technical Support.
There have been changes made with the text editing tool between version6
and 7.Text objects are sized differently in the new version and
unfortunately The issue you are having is a tracked one. Unfortunately
there is nothing you can do except to reformat the report. I hope this
information is helpful. "

Pathetic isn't it !!!

Aidan

Quote:
> Hi Aidan,

> I have the same problems.. even when I snap fields to gridlines some
fields
> would still go past their boundaries.
> (can grow has been turned of)

> Seagate, I hope you're reading this..

> bye

> > Hi there !!!

> >     I have created a report in Crystal 6.0 and have just recently
> installed
> > Crystal 7.0 MR1. I wanted to upgrade my CR 6 report to CR 7 so I simply
> > opened the CR 6 report with CR 7 and saved it. This was fine until I
went
> > preview the report.

> >     When I previewed the report in Crystal 7 some of the boxes and lines
> > were overdrawn and running into each other.  Basically the report does
not
> > look good.

> >     Worse still when I try to reformat the report i.e by resizing lines
> etc.
> > nothing seems to work or appear as I want it to.

> > Has anyone any suggestions or theories as to why this might be
occurring?
> > have been on to Seagate and they deny that it has anything to with CR 7.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Aidan

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

2. Upgrading from CR 6.0 to CR 7.0

3. VB 6.0 : CR 7.0 - [Cancel] CR

4. CR 6.0 and CR 7.0

5. CR 6 to CR8 upgrade - report becomes invisible?

6. UPGRADING CRYSTAL REPORT 16 BIT IN VB 4.0 TO CR VERSION 5.0

7. Issues with emailing CR reports within VB apps

8. CR Report Wizard in VB 6.0...

9. Report Options in CR 6.0

10. Creating report with CR 6.0

11. Dlls for report viewer in CR 6.0

12. !! Blank Details on Report (using CR 6.0)